Author Topic: How To Train Your Dragon Coming Soon  (Read 9247 times)

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
How To Train Your Dragon Coming Soon
« on: September 19, 2016, 11:33:16 »
The licensing adventure seems to have taken another turn with the addition on How To Train Your Dragon coming in 2017 (found on their FB page)

I'm kind of interested in Toothless

At least this line is more relevant to children
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: How To Train Your Dragon Coming Soon
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 14:50:07 »
Ok, so I have always been kind of against the licensing thing, but I am REALLY excited about this!!!! I LOVE How to Train Your Dragon, and this might actually get Playmobil into the hands of children and make it more popular. As long as they keep doing non-licensed themes too, it may be a good thing.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline bogol

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • FOCKENBERGH AERKOSMO
    • @mplified ideas
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 15:30:13 »
So it's official: the Ghostbusters line was not some weird exception to the rule, but geobra will venture full-heartedly into the world of licensing. On PM's FB page people also suggested to make Hobbit, Harry Potter and Star Wars products to which the admins replied:

"We hope to select further suitable licenses in the future and will of course keep you posted about new development here on our Facebook page!"

I still don't know whether I shall be happy or worried about this development. This is no longer Horst Brandstätter's company, that's for sure.

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 15:38:37 »
It will be like Lego, The items that sell will be the ones they keep putting on the shelf.

Say good bye to anything not a license. I remember when Lego used to have all sorts of in house made items with their own ideas and brands. Now when you go into a toy store it is Lego Harry Potter, Star Wars, Minions ect and very few random lego sets. The kids dont want it, they want to play with what they are watching on tv.

"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 19:10:55 »
Licensing is what saved Lego in the 90's, so I doubt that it'll hurt Playmobil since their own themes are already a success.
The addition of popular characters into the various Playmo-themes will be fun and might bring in more kids who were not interested into the brand before.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 19:37:53 »
Well... makes more sense than Ghostbusters (as would MOST things)... and... VIKINGS!

(MORE dragons?! where in Tartarus will I fit more dragons!?)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 20:31:48 »
Licensing is what saved Lego in the 90's, so I doubt that it'll hurt Playmobil since their own themes are already a success.
The addition of popular characters into the various Playmo-themes will be fun and might bring in more kids who were not interested into the brand before.

Star Wars did save Lego, but their problem was that they didn't know their cost base and had allowed the rest of their stuff to stray from their core brand. Plus Star Wars seems to have a fan base willing to spend almost limitless sums on merchandise.

Having said that, this does feel more 'on brand' than Ghostbusters, and at least it's something that children will understand.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 20:36:22 »
Lego still makes some non licensed themes, like forest themes, city, police, and fire. What has suffered is any type of "warrior" theme. You don't see pirates, knights, etc. without them being licensed now usually.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 21:11:53 »

(MORE dragons?! where in Tartarus will I fit more dragons!?)

RIDEABLE Dragons!

I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2016, 21:19:15 »
Maybe it will balance the overabundance of unicorns?

I do think it is a better fit since it fits nicely into an existing theme world - Vikings.