Author Topic: Online Catalogs Updated  (Read 2073 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Online Catalogs Updated
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2024, 10:27:32 »
Also, the following three items are currently available as spare parts but do not appear in PlaymoDB (from 2023 sets)
30066264 Shoulder strap with pegs for upper rear and lower front quivers (dark brown) in set 71024
30068464 Belt loop for dagger (grey) in set 71087
30065884 Clip, small, with hook for knob (light brown) in sets 71025 and 71028
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Riccardo

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2024, 22:27:52 »
Am I the only one really excited by 71591 "Classic Police Car"? I still have my 2x blue standard cars of the same shape, my son plays with them now. For me they "are" Playmobil, its the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Playmobil.

Catalogue says: "Faithfully recreated to match the original". Does anyone know whether this would be a new mould then? Or is that just marketing speak?

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2024, 23:02:49 »
Thanks for bringing that to our attention. I had not seen this re-release and it was the very first playmobil  car I can recall having as a child .

I sure hope they are clever enough to repurpose that mold and re-release the classic rally cars
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2024, 17:16:57 »
I for one am IN LOVE with the new sea creatures (like jellyfish) introduced with the mermaids AND the deep sea creature/human hybrids!  ;D I've always wanted jellyfish and a cecaelia (cecaelio?)/mer-octopus klicky and here again Playmobil answers my prayers again! I really hope one day they can add things like a proper anglerfish or more deep sea things.

A pufferfish like the one found in the 123 line would be awesome. Maybe make another "sea witch" lineup. But hey, baby steps!
http://animobil.info/wit-icons/123pufferfish.jpg

And they must've JUST added the crab man too!  :o

A blue lobster has been snuck into this one

Oh and there's FINALLY a ship with a figurehead of some sort! The sails are still Imaginex level of atrocious, but it's a start!

It's also nice to see the old ghost Pirates monsters coming back with new colors! Wonder if a hydra or new sea serpent altogether will make an appearance! (The crab is so beautiful :'( !)

However, I worry with all the painted faces and how quickly they could rub off. Guess I better keep standard, molde-face heads around in case of an emergency swap. Nevertheless....my wallet is going to suffer. AGAIN.  :doh:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 17:57:24 by Janilew »

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2024, 23:36:10 »
 :o those octopus and crab guys are pretty interesting!
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2024, 01:14:22 »
:o those octopus and crab guys are pretty interesting!
They'd make good army builder bases but I have to comment on the pirate with his low slung shooter. Does no one in playmomarketing check with outsiders to see what their pictures look like before going to print?

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2024, 03:33:11 »
My toy store already has many of the pirate sets, even before the website does; I picked up the treasure hunt (71420) & the octopus battle & everything else is on layaway.

The treasure hunt comes with a new snake/clicky hybrid called "the guardian of the island."

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2024, 07:37:42 »
It's also nice to see the old ghost Pirates monsters coming back with new colors! Wonder if a hydra or new sea serpent altogether will make an appearance! (The crab is so beautiful :'( !)

Part of me hopes not - thanks to my sister, I didn't get 2 green ones... so we have one of each - thanks to whatever bright soul made the Hercules hydra the same, we didn't buy the set..  Anyways, they are HUGE (I didn't manage to put both in the dio :( ) that fitting a THIRD one would be a problem.

That said... well.. if they make a different one.. WANT.  :P  They are sooooo beautiful.  :love:

However, I worry with all the painted faces and how quickly they could rub off. Guess I better keep standard, molde-face heads around in case of an emergency swap.

Good luck with that. What with the different skin colors, sometimes it is not easy to get a replacement. And worse than rubbing off (we are not 5), I worry about the misprints. It's rare to find a spirit klicky that doesn't look like an idiot, with the eyes printed on the forehead :(

Nevertheless....my wallet is going to suffer. AGAIN.  :doh:

Mine too. But please... let's not give them advance warning, ok?  :shhhh:

Does no one in playmomarketing check with outsiders to see what their pictures look like before going to print?

No.
(that is abundantly clear)