Author Topic: 4104 Flatbed Train Car  (Read 3800 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
4104 Flatbed Train Car
« on: July 08, 2016, 00:23:53 »
I won this in an eBay auction recently and was surprised when it arrived to find it included an original instruction sheet. I will post here pictures of the sheet and the box. It's a great car, basically the same as many versions that came later. The main reason I was after it was for the cross bars and wheel chocks for holding vehicles on a flatcar. Note that this version has sides as well as the cross bars and wheel chocks. The version in the Western Trains 4032,4033,4034 had the side posts instead of car sides. The version in 4106 and 7522 didn't have the car sides. I've sent Heather copies of the images with the parts list.

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
Re: 4104 Flatbed Train Car
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 02:28:09 »
Tim,

I bought the same rail car a month ago for the same reason. They never sold this rail car as it appears in 4032, 4033 and 4034. I have already talked to playmobil parts in Mississauga, Ontario and they no longer carry the flat bed car posts that came in the above mentioned sets.

I was actually surprised when I went looking for the rail car that comes in 4032,4033 and 4034 that they never sold it as a stand alone like they did with the caboose(4123) or the locamotive for that matter (5405). It may have well been that you had to order the posts as a replacement part since they came on a spur if you wanted to have more of these rail cars.

Cheers,
James
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 04:19:37 »
Hello  Tiermann,

Can you contact me by personal message?
I would like to have high resolution scans too, so I can add it to the train manual list.

Greetings, Marco ;-)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 07:35:48 »
I'm a great fan of the various versions of the flat bed trucks, they're good multi-use vehicles and I have two of each, in fact, probably more.

However, one thing they lack is the ability to lash cargo to them.  I wonder why Playmobil never produced a piece like this:

http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-21-0040;pic_num=1

to fit in the holes for the stakes. 
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 14:45:23 »
Inventory done. 4104 - Flat Bed Car A great find - thanks for sharing, Tim.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!