Author Topic: My collection of all things western for playmobil including Native aboriginals.  (Read 48614 times)

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
Playmobil 2954

Front Artwork

Rear Artwork

"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
Playmobil 3483 arrived today, though this set has a very speical story behind it. The sellers name is Eddy and some of you at one time or another knew him on this forum as Playmoed. The reason I found this out is that I have been in the habit of supplying every individual that I purchased from a copy of the link to my thread here on this forum. My hope is that they will see what it is that I am trying to accomplish by purchasing these sets, but also that some may join and add to the discussion. Although Eddy has moved away from this forum, he is still very much active with Playmobil and is still collecting MISB sets. This purchase was a duplicate set that he had in his collection and the reason for its sale. More importantly though is with Eddy's help I have now been able to creat a morecomprehensive list of sets that fit into this collection by his ability to supply me with photos of his very large collection. He has become a great asset to me and is very friendly. Now with the addition of Famobil, Lyra, Schaper and Irwin Toys, I have added about another 100 sets to my list. Here I was thinking I was getting close to having them all.

Now back to the important stuff, box artwork from the 80's-90's! As always enjoy and keep on klicking.

Front Artwork

Rear Artwork

Long Side Artwork

Long Side Artwork

Short Side Artwork

"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
So two books showed up today, different suppliers. Still have the french version coming

First page of the German version:

"Alle Mann von Fort Glory zum Appell antreten!”, ruft Hauptmann Braun. Die Soldaten stehen stramm. Plötzlich hören sie das Getrappel von Pferdehufen. Es kommt näher und dann jagt Kleiner Falke zum Tor Herein. Im Tal ist was los!”, brüllt er.

Loose translation to English:

"All the men from Fort Glory come to attention! ", Says Captain Brown. The soldiers are standing tightly. Suddenly they hear the hoofing of horses hooves. It comes closer and then chases Little Falcon to the gate. "There's something going on in the valley! "He yells.

First page of the English version:
"Attention!" Captin Silver called. It was a quiet day at Fort Glory, and the captin was inspecting his troops. Suddenly they were interrupted by the sound of horses' hooves outside the gates of the fort.

Why the different name for the Captin "Braun" Brown for the German version and "Silver" Silber- for the English version?

As always, enjoy.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
Why the different name for the Captin "Braun" Brown for the German version and "Silver" Silber- for the English version?

That is odd, especially as Brown would be a more likely name than Silver for a US army person of that period.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
My thoughts as well that it is odd to use two different names. What I am thinking is for the North American market, Playmobil  did not want to use a possible persons real name for a situation that is depicted in the book which may or may not have happend. There are a few Union Soldiers that achieved the rank of Captian with the last name Brown. I have not found one with the last name Silver. I am waiting to see what the French version has.

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
I know it has been slow the last little while, but I am now getting down to the nitty-gritty and the last few sets are few and far between MISB. I do have a few treasures coming (going back to that talk about "The place" that has a lot of old MISB sets)

In the meantime I picked up this advert off e-bay from Germany, it may not be of interest to most as it is not a toy, but I do so enjoy the old way Playmobil used to advertise with dioramas. Even the ones that may cause a stir here in Canada since most of us cannot read German Deutsch though I am slowly learning it on my own and just take a glance at a picture and think it means something else. (Cause you know when you have Natives and Union soldiers on the frontier mixed with 1980's misconceptions you are bound to have some fun.) So without further ado...

I apologize about the glare, it is just currently still sealed the way it came until I have time to get it framed.

Overview of full advert

If only we could get sparks when we applied the breaks on our electric trains.

But here is the thing, if you read the advert it says:

Die Geschichte vom unvorsichtigen Sergeanten, dem ,,Schnellen Kojoten" und einem wildgewordenen Feuerroß.

Der Häuptlingssohn ,,Schneller Kojote” saß  ruhig auf seinem Pony und beobachtet einen Sergeanten, der an den Eisenbahnschienen entlangritt. Plötzlich stieß die heranbrausende Lokomotive einen schrillen Pfiff aus. Das Pferd des Sergeants scheute. Der Reiter stürzte auf die Schienen und blieb dort reglos liegen. ,,Schneller Kojote” klammerte sich an den Hals seines Ponys und galoppierte los. Der Zugführer versuchte die Lokmotive zu bremsen – aber sie war nicht mehr weit von dem ohnmächtigen Sergeanten entfernt...

Und wie geht es weiter? Wird der Zug noch rechtzeitig zum Stehen kommen? Wird der Sergeant wieder aufwachen und sich in Sicherheit bringen? Oder wird  ,,Schneller Kojote” ihn retten? Eurer Phantasie sind keine Grenzen gesetzt. Viel Spaß beim Weiterspielen.

English translation:

The story of the careless sergeant, the "fast coyote" and a wild rogue.

The Chief's son, "Quick Coyote", sat quietly on his pony, watching a sergeant who walked along the railroad tracks. Suddenly, the approaching locomotive aroused a shrill whistle. The sergeant's horse shied. The rider collapsed on the rails and remained motionless there. "Quick coyote" clung to the neck of his pony and galloped. The train driver tried to slow down the locomotive, but she was not far from the powerless(sic) sergeant.

And how does it continue? Will the train stop in time? Will the sergeant wake up again and get safe? Or will "Quick Coyote" save him? There are no limits to your imagination. Have fun playing.

I just love how Playmobil again and again sets up the story so well and lets the child's imagination take over to carry it out. Playmobil has never been a toy that played itself, it always let the "child" come up with their own stories without restrant.

This is where I personally believe that Playmobil needs to head back to, using advertisement that engages the child, not just splat a whole bunch of sets on a sheet of paper and call it a day.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
This is where I personally believe that Playmobil needs to head back to, using advertisement that engages the child, not just splat a whole bunch of sets on a sheet of paper and call it a day.

Hear, hear - so very true! These old adverts are wonderful. :love:

To be fair, the magazines, books and films on their websites have taken over the role of providing stories for children to play. But PM advertising really should improve.

Thanks for showing. :wave:

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline Macruran

• Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
How do we know Quick Coyote wasn't the one who tied him to the tracks?

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
How do we know Quick Coyote wasn't the one who tied him to the tracks?

My guess would be the fact that the officer is still armed and lack of rope, though the writing pretty much tells what happed.

Offline Macruran

• Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
He could have been knocker unconscious. And the writing could be fake news.