Author Topic: Hello from Hamilton, Ontario  (Read 7936 times)

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
Hello from Hamilton, Ontario
« on: July 03, 2016, 12:34:59 »
To the members of Playmofriends,

I have taken the dive into the world of Playmobil after a 15 year hiatus. My first set gifted to me was playmobil 3056 and I remember the Christmas when I got set 4033, 4120,4121 and 4122.  I also remember the year when my younger brother decided he could ride on top of the rail cars of said set, damn you fisherprice (c) and putting into the minds of young children that you can ride on any toy..

Fast forward to 4 months ago where I came across the bin with all the bits and pieces and the memories came flooding back. I started by finding as many parts on ebay to replace all the bits that were broken. Hence how I came across this site and although at the time I could not use the search function someone had linked in their posts to playmobilDB where I was able to get the piece numbers for each item. Well as you will soon see I did not stop with just fixing my old sets, I now have about 100 meters of brass track, 118 mint in the box of the apox 257 sets plus add-ons ever made for the western theme (I include Indians and civil war into this theme).

My goal is to have them all mint in the box never opened, but do not worry I still lots out of the box that are for dioramas. I am not a big fan of the new horses, so you will not be seeing any of them in my dioramas. I supposed this is because when I was playing with these toys as a child they were of the older style and that is what I am accustomed to.

When I am not hunting down playmobil sets in my free time I am usually outdoors hiking, biking, canoeing or traveling the world.  Work keeps me busy as I am a manager in the freight fowarding deparment of a customs brokerage firm. I also volunteer at a mens shelter doing food prep on Saturdays.

If any of you are interested I will be doing up a post with pictures of my collection of mint in the box toys and will update the post as new ones (well new to me, some of these sets are older then I am) arrive to add to my collection. Oh and if anyone knows someone selling set 5799 Civil war duo-pack please PM me.

"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Hello from Hamilton, Ontario
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 16:28:22 »
Welcome from Portugal!

I do not collect MIB sets - I mean, they are only MIB till I get there! I am currently trying (and failing, I suppose? :-[ ) to organize my collection. You are wise - and VERY VERY strong - to keep to one theme. Something I could never do...

Looking forward to seeing your pics :)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 17:54:12 »
Welcome, The_Mad_Hadder.

I hated the new horses when they first came out ... but now I love them.  I still have a soft spot for the old ones, though.  Happy memories of collecting different colours and markings, and how just a change of head position could give them a different look and personality.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 21:36:22 »
Welcome from Oregon!
Good luck on the 5799. It's more legend than fact, very limited release I think.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 03:35:45 »
Welcome and yes please share pictures of your piles of loot.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline BlueWizard

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 04:00:11 »
Hi, MH... and welcome from Victoria, BC.  I hope you have lots of fun here.

David

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 06:50:14 »
Hi there! Welcome from Antwerp, Belgium  :wave:

I'd love to see pictures of your collection  8-)

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 19:10:07 »
Welcome to PF with best regards from Munich!

Im almighty impressed by your Western collection, and that assembled in the span of 4 months! 8} Keep up the good work!

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 20:28:08 »
Welcome T M Hadder from the UK (still part of Europe  ;))

That is a really impressive list of Western/ Indian/ Cavalry sets you posted. I hope you may be tempted to show us the contents of some of the MISB sets as well as the boxes... especially for older sets which are difficult to inventory. But then they would no longer be MISB of course!

I hope you enjoy sharing here at Playmofriends!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2016, 20:47:12 »
Most of the sets I have copies of.  The list I posted was just for the mint in the box never opened though some of the bigger sets the stickers that seal the boxes may have been cut but the contents are all there with the brochures, posters, sticker sheets ect. and all the pieces still sealed in their little pouches.

I will do what I can, but some of these things came shrink wrapped and I will not be opening those.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 15:40:15 by The_Mad_Hadder »
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll