Author Topic: Toby Goes to Another Zoo  (Read 15073 times)

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
Re: Toby Goes to Another Zoo
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2016, 07:31:39 »
I love your use of parts in unexpected ways!
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Daniela

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2016, 11:51:36 »
I am nearly as excited as Toby is!  :D

What a wonderful zoo! And I understand exactly, why Toby want a toy camel NOW!  ;)

Daniela
Enjoy my Playmobil Opera and much more:
https://get.google.com/albumarchive/102361137865573914508

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2016, 00:29:35 »
This has been great so far! Looking forward to the next installment.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2016, 03:03:46 »
Neat story! Lots of good posing throughout. The lighting in the very first two pictures is really excellent.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2016, 04:22:06 »
Thank you....  :)

Part 4 - Photographs and Passed Places

'Here's another ATM,' said Daddy, 'I'd better get some more cash from it.  I've only got 15 Playmolians left out of that 60 I got earlier.'

'Ill get 50 this time,' said Daddy.

'You can have your photo taken here,' said Toby.

'With a koala!' he added, 'Oh Mummy, I'd love to hold a koala and have my photo taken.  I don't expect this koala bites!'

'No, it will be a tame one,' said Mummy, 'And I could have my photo taken with a macaw; that would be lovely.'

'What about you, Daddy?' asked Toby, 'Are you going to hold the monkey for your photo?'

'I don't need my photo taken,' said Daddy.

'25 Playmolians per person,' said the man at the payment desk.

'It's just for my wife and son,' said Daddy.

'50 Playmolians then, please,' said the man, 'You can collect your photos back here, anytime after 30 minutes, until the end of the day.'

'Smile please!' said the cameraman.

'And now the young man!'

'I loved holding that koala,' said Toby, 'Its fur wasn't as soft as I expected, though.'

'I'll get another 50 Playmolians out of the ATM,' said Daddy, rather grimly.

'I wonder what we'll see next,' said Toby.

'What's this place?' wondered Toby.

'Somewhere else to spend money,' said Daddy, 'We don't need to go that way.'

And so they didn't walk in that direction.  If they had, they would have passed the First Aid:

The Bakery:

The Crèche:

The Pizza Shop:

And they would have seen the Balloon Seller:

But, instead, they went to see the monkeys.

Tomorrow: Part 5 - Feeding Time

Note: the signs for the Photographer's Studio, Bakery, and Pizza Shop were gratefully obtained from:

www.sparklebox.co.uk
© 2005-2014, SparkleBox Teacher Resources Limited

where their many resources are available full-size for classroom and personal use.

Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Daniela

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2016, 07:36:24 »
Poor Daddy!

I am afraid, it will be an expensive story!  ;) :lol:

Daniela
Enjoy my Playmobil Opera and much more:
https://get.google.com/albumarchive/102361137865573914508

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 15:33:49 »
Yes I thought that as soon as daddy said thus zoo was much cheaper than the last one. The zoo in St Louis is free but you still end up spending money there. I was there last yesr, great zoo if you ever get the chance to go.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2016, 00:45:07 »
Yes I thought that as soon as daddy said thus zoo was much cheaper than the last one. The zoo in St Louis is free but you still end up spending money there. I was there last yesr, great zoo if you ever get the chance to go.

It's actually on my list of zoos that I want to see...  I went to Louisville's last year and loved it!  I'm going to Chattanooga's this week (taking the nephews) and I'm considering a trip to the Central Park Zoo when I'm in New York in August.

Anyway, back on topic... Yes this is a very expensive zoo to visit.  Daddy seems a little bit of a "Gloomy Gus" about it. 
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2016, 03:04:01 »
Enjoying this story! It's nice to see some zoo stuff on here. It was pretty rare for a long time! I love how you used the jungle ruins for the spider monkeys. I was torn between using it for them or the jaguars and jaguars won out. But you made a fantastic monkey exhibit out of it! And it makes sense because they can really climb around on it.

The zoo in St Louis is free but you still end up spending money there. I was there last yesr, great zoo if you ever get the chance to go.

I'll have to add it to my zoo bucket list. I have quite a list, but the top ones are Wichita, Omaha, and San Diego.

My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2016, 05:10:59 »
Part 5 - Feeding Time

'And what are these?' asked Toby.

'Orangutans,' said Mummy.

'Can I have some candy?' asked Toby.

'No, not before lunchtime,' said Daddy.

'What about an ice-cream, then?  I am a bit hungry again,' said Toby.

'We'll have ice-creams this afternoon,' said Mummy, 'Though, actually, I'm getting a bit hungry too.  I think we should have an early lunch.'

'Are we going to see the chimps first?' asked Toby.

'No, we'll see the chimps later,' said Mummy, 'If I remember the map correctly, there is somewhere to eat along here, just past the giraffes.  So I think we'll go that way for now.'

'Well, here we are at the giraffes,' said Daddy.

'Daddy!  We can feed them!' said Toby, 'Oh, can we?'

'I don't want to feed giraffes,' said Daddy.

'Just Toby and I will go and feed them, then.  It will be a lovely experience for him,' said Mummy.

'Hello sir,' said Toby to the zookeeper.

'I never thought I would be feeding giraffes!' said Toby.

'You can stroke them too,' said the zookeeper, 'Nice and gently, and they will like that.'

'That was marvellous,' said Toby.

'Did you wash your hands well?' asked Mummy, 'Because we are going to find the place for lunch now.'

'Wait a minute,' said Toby, 'There are toy giraffes for sale, can I have one, please.'

'No, you already have a toy camel,' said Daddy.

'But I fed and stroked the giraffes,' pleaded Toby.

'And in the Children's Zoo, I expect you'll feed and stroke all manner of sheep and goats and rabbits and who knows what, but you can't have a toy every time you touch an animal, said Daddy, 'Otherwise, next thing we know, you'll be wanting a toy cat because you stroked the neighbour's cat, or you'll be wanting twenty toy sparrows because you put food out for the sparrows in winter.  It was different with the toy camel, because you had ridden one.'

'OK,' said Toby, 'Though I really wouldn't want any toy sparrows, honestly.'

'Is this the place to eat?' said Mummy, 'It seems to be just serving fries.  That's not the sort of meal we want.'

'I like fries,' said Toby.

'There's an information stand down here,' said Mummy, 'Let's go and ask if there is somewhere where we can get a full meal.'

'The Steakhouse Restaurant will now be open,' said the man at the information booth, 'It is situated behind the Pyramid Gift Shop, but you can take a Tour Car there and back.  You can hail any empty Tour Car and it will stop for you; or there is a Tour Car Stop near the Photographer's Studio.'

'It's not far back to the Photographer's Studio,' said Mummy, 'We can go and pick up our photos, and then take a Tour Car to the Restaurant.'

And so, arriving back at the Photographer's Studio, the photos were collected.

'Oh, they are lovely!' said Mummy.

'Now let's go and wait for a Tour Car.'

'This is fun,' said Toby.

'Nearly there now,' said Daddy.

'Oh, there's entertainment too,' said Mummy, 'Maybe a pianist or violins.'

'Look!' cried Toby, 'There's a peacock with his tail up!'

Tomorrow: Part 6 - At the Steakhouse Restaurant
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn