Author Topic: Playmobil Faller Weekend Car 3613  (Read 3518 times)

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
Playmobil Faller Weekend Car 3613
« on: February 13, 2016, 22:02:36 »
Playmobil Faller Weekend Car 3613.

Just finished work on Faller 3613. It is called a “weekend car”, and I don’t know quite what to make from it. The car has a flat floor, with several seats. All seats can be turned 90 and 180 degrees, clockwise and counterclockwise. Handrails and a table is also included. The car has no obvious cab for the driver, so in my fantasy it is controlled by remote control. A bit like modern switchers in Europe, which can also be controlled by remote control. Under the floor there is space for two B batteries at both ends, feeding 3V to a electrical motor just out of center in the middle. Under the frame there is a stift, that can be controlled by a “Change-O-Matic” rail, where you can stop, drive and reverse the “weekend car”. There are also pieces that can only stop-reverse or stop-drive a car.

The technical equipment under the floor. At both end a B pile battery, feeding a electrical 3V motor in the middle.

Also a little halt was included in this set. It was a pity that both fences were broken. I have repaired it with round plastic profiles, and sprayed the fence dark blue. All the parts are glued together, and because of that, the fence cannot be removed anymore. That was a little compromise I had to make.

On this little halt “Playpeople” (as Faller called it) can wait on the train.

Now the “weekend car” itself. It could be something that is driving around in a zoo or an amusement park. Perhaps a car that connects a few tiny islands with the outer world. In Germany there are such little railway systems, connecting tiny islands with only a few houses with the mainland (see the website “Inselbahn”, specially the “Halligbahnen”). The car has at one site a coupling hook, where you can add additional cars. I also own a similar car in yellow/blue plastic, but without a motor. Perhaps I should collect a Playmobil zoo to give it a proper environment. Enjoy the pictures, if the weather improves, remind me to make a few more pictures!

The Faller “weekend car”.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Playmobil Faller Weekend Car 3613
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 22:38:42 »
You've made an excellent job of repairing the railing, Marco, and thank you for the great photos of the vehicle and interesting links.

LGB have some similar wagons and they call them tourist cars.  I think the idea is that they are used in the summer on scenic railways so that passengers can get a good view of the countryside, take photos and hear the birds and so on. 

Usually, these are unpowered and so drawn by a locomotive of some sort.  Looking at the green one, I wonder if the front seat at the end without the coupling is meant to represent the driver's seat and the two "poles" represent controls, of accelerator and brake.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 16:57:27 »
Very interesting car..

I had never seen one like it..

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 02:23:12 »
Very interesting, the control mechanism sounds a bit like the LEGO monorail sets. Would love something like this in real Playmobil.

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 21:01:33 »
Today I went to Steenwijk te recover some spare parts. I knew Faller changed the direction switch over the years, with the newer ones fitted straight into the locomotive frame. But today I was very surprised to see a third method in which a direction switch was installed. In this case a small circuit board is put in between the legs of the switch. I think this is an early prototype, because it is very difficult to clean this setup, and rebuild it. If somebody can tell me more, please speak!

Or just click.