Author Topic: Hello from Ascot  (Read 3796 times)

Offline idlemarvel

• Playmo Pal
Re: Hello from Ascot
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 12:14:45 »
Ascot is a place?! I never knew that.  :-[ I just know the race course and the tie.

Welcome from the American southwest!  :welcome:

Yes it is a real place although the racecourse is probably 50% of the land mass.

I have toured the American southwest on a road trip from Denver to Phoenix via Santa Fe, Albuquerque and Las Vegas to name just the big cities, and visiting Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Painted Desert, Petrified Forest...  It was all spectacular and lots of happy memories.

Cheers, Dave

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 16:59:58 »
Welcome from Portugal! :)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 00:26:34 »
Yes it is a real place although the racecourse is probably 50% of the land mass.

I have toured the American southwest on a road trip from Denver to Phoenix via Santa Fe, Albuquerque and Las Vegas to name just the big cities, and visiting Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Painted Desert, Petrified Forest...  It was all spectacular and lots of happy memories.

Cheers, Dave

Sounds like a fun trip. I've been here on and off for years, but I haven't gotten to Las Vegas (the big one, I've been to Las Vegas, NM, but that's completely different) or the petrified forest. I want to visit the UK someday, rather than just changing planes there.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 02:48:10 »
Welcome! <*)
~Pynedor~

Offline idlemarvel

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2015, 09:06:26 »
Sounds like a fun trip. I've been here on and off for years, but I haven't gotten to Las Vegas (the big one, I've been to Las Vegas, NM, but that's completely different) or the petrified forest. I want to visit the UK someday, rather than just changing planes there.
I visited Las Vegas NM as well on my trip and I preferred the NM town.  Las Vegas NV was not to my taste, but it's one of these places you have to go to!
Cheers Dave

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2015, 09:23:51 »
Welcome from Holland!

Playmobil gifts  :xgift: are the best.
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2015, 11:05:46 »
I visited Las Vegas NM as well on my trip and I preferred the NM town.  Las Vegas NV was not to my taste, but it's one of these places you have to go to!
Cheers Dave

I'm impressed. Las Vegas, NM is a hole in the wall.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2015, 12:31:48 »
Welcome Dave! I live in Antwerp (Belgium) :)

I have just bought a second hand RC freight train set (the 28GHz one) which I am looking forward to opening after Christmas; I like to keep up these traditions even though I bought it for myself and have just turned 60! <*)

I love that!  ;D

Offline idlemarvel

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2015, 13:12:33 »
My life has not been wasted then!  Explore and enjoy.   :)
Indeed, I'm already addicted, I've bought a second RC train set off ebay.  Bankruptcy beckons! ;)

Offline Iclaudius

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2015, 06:58:20 »
Hi Dave welcome from Norwich! I'm sure this group will extend your interest beyond trains eventually!