Author Topic: Train instructions wanted  (Read 1595 times)

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
Train instructions wanted
« on: November 24, 2015, 08:24:39 »
For my PDF library I am still searching the following train instructions:

4101 — Cattle Car
4102 — Stückgutwagen
4103 — Schüttgutwagen
4104 — Flat Bed Car
4105 — Pipe Car
4106 — Flachwagen
4107 — Shell Tank Car
4108 — ESSO Tanker
4109 — Steel Girder Car
4110 — Gondola
4111 — Freight Car
4112 — Tipper Car
4113 — Container Car
4114 — Open Freight
4115 — Freight Car
4116 — Tipper Car

I do not have to own the paper instructions, but if you can make (at least) 300 dpi scans of you instructions and send them to me, I would be very happy.
Please send me a PM (Personal Message).

Offline zugpferdchen

• Playmo Lover
Re: Train instructions wanted
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 17:57:57 »
I'm not sure, that there really existed instructions for all cars.

I did see only some of the newer DS Duplicates with an instruction.

Question:
Can someone post, if there were instructions (in these sets) to be sure?

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 22:41:46 »
I thought the same.  The only instruction I've come across relates to the use of the red "clothes pegs" for use on the couplings.  I'll find them and post them.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 21:14:03 »
Here are the only instructions I've come across for the wagons on Marco's list, and only then with the pipe wagon, 4105.   I have bought off eBay boxed examples of 4100, 4105, 4107 and 4111, but have only found these instructions in the 4105. (I have two boxed ones of these.) 

As you can see, with the instructions there also comes a peg, rather like a miniature clothes peg.  I say "a peg", but with one of the 4105s there were two pegs.  The instructions by themselves aren't over clear, but when new the peg is fitted to one of the wagon couplings as shown in 1.  To couple the wagon to another wagon, you have to remove the peg.  When you have coupled the wagons together, you replace the peg and it prevents the two wagons coming uncoupled over uneven track.  To uncouple the wagons, you have to remove the peg first.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 22:10:43 »
A quick check on PlaymoDB confirms that none of those sets has a pdf on the Playmobil website- though that in itself doesn't actually prove that instructions don't exist.
Four of those sets (4104, 4105, 4107, 4111) have entries in the Klickywelt Datenbank-Setinhalt (photos of set contents of early PM sets), but none of the four wagons is shown disassembled, so they are of less use than some of the photos there.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 11:49:41 »
I've understood already that there are no (or not known to exist) instruction sheets of those older wagons.
@ playmofire: I've send you a PM, can you send the "pegs" instruction to me?

Can somebody confirm if there was ever a color light signal made by Playmobil? Did this signal included instructions?

Offline zugpferdchen

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 02:47:39 »
Only some of the newer »DS clones« have instructions:
6309 (4024 tanker car clone) - with pdf [CLICK!]
6342 (4124 clone) - with pdf [CLICK!]

7502 (4113 clone) - no pdf [CLICK!]
7522 (4106 clone) - no pdf [CLICK!]

7502 and 7522 have one instruction sheet together.

• 7620 (4107 clone without »Shell« lettering)

Why do you need the instructions (for understanding or do you need spare part numbers?)?

Can somebody confirm if there was ever a color light signal made by Playmobil? Did this signal included instructions?
Do you mean something like this[CLICK!]?
Instruction (pdf) inclusive.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 03:26:58 by zugpferdchen »

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 08:52:49 »
@ zugpferdchen, yes. I have send you a personal message.

Thanks to all people that are helping my, it makes repairing Playmobil trains a lot easier.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 13:14:16 »
I've understood already that there are no (or not known to exist) instruction sheets of those older wagons.
@ playmofire: I've send you a PM, can you send the "pegs" instruction to me?

Yes, I'll get the scan to you this weekend.

Playmobil made a colour light signal 4397.  I'' scan the box and instructions for you.