Author Topic: Hear me roar.  (Read 12349 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Hear me roar.
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2016, 08:47:51 »
Great pics :)   (and with romans!)

Otto: "I will fight with my brother, I don't trust you."

The NERVE. So you challenge a guy.. and then... "ah, but I'll fight with my brother, cause, you know, that one on one thing may be overrated, and I don't trust you"... !? And it is allowed?!

I suppose that fearsome Lady Mary didn't mind having her guard greatly reduced.. then again, who'd be mad enough to mess with her?  ;D

Looking forward to more!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2016, 12:27:12 »
Thanks for that perspective Tahra, it just makes me want to scream " this family must cooperate"

Thanks for sharing your perspective... :wow:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2016, 13:25:14 »
it just makes me want to scream " this family must cooperate"

:lmao: :lmao:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2016, 16:11:32 »
Great to see a new update. The lion may not chase him though, that prince doesn't really look all that appetizing.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2016, 20:49:06 »
((Just take into consideration that General Secundus seems to allow them to team up against him a little too easily perhaps, so maybe the distrust is waranted? ;) ))

In the meanwhile, prince Edward has been given his weapons back for his fight.

Prince Edward: "If I am to fight I want a full plate armor suit, an armored white horse, a crossbow and a lance."
Gladiator Domitius laughs. "You will fight with whatever master Secundus provides."
Centurion: "Just follow Domitius his example. He is fiercely loyal to General Secundus and is his best gladiator."

While Prince Edward argues about his equipment, a small crowd is growing at the gates.

Romans have come from their island to watch the games in this exotic location, and curious locals want to see a classic arena battle which they have only read about in books.

It appears there is a late arrival as well: Sir Sigurd, the copper knight of the south.

Considering Craftkeep's alliance with these Romans, it seems only natural for a craftkeep knight to be here.

A Centurion arrives to greet the guests.

Centurion: "Romans, friends, guests, the games are about to start. Please make way to the arena. Both traditional gladiators and native warriors from this continent will fight today, it will be a grand show I promise you that!"
Curiously they look at the Centurion, and also behind him at Prince Edward.

Everyone makes their way to the arena, the generals and the three friends Roderick, Henry and Frederick too. Everyone is talking about the upcomeing games.

All exept one man, who seems to be sneaking off unnoticed.

What could he be up to? This will be revealed soon.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2016, 22:05:17 »
Nice attempt at a disguise, but I see through you sneaky guy...

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2016, 18:42:01 »
Great story as always some great humour there with Lady Mary and his men no wonder Siegfred wants to stay in his cell, I look forward to seeing the Princes battle with the lions and seeing where things develop.

Nice attempt at a disguise, but I see through you sneaky guy...

I noticed that first thought was it was an interesting custom but, yes that does make sense another potential plot twist   

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2016, 18:47:29 »
 :D Great!

I love the variety of the crowd that's gathering. Marco Polo and Dürer!  ;D

Offline Venser

• The Soujorner
  • Playmo Enthusiast
  • Howard Pyle's the greatest!
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2016, 04:00:57 »
I'm sorry, Lord Rhalius, but I need more of this.

NOW.

;)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2016, 08:27:13 »
((I wrote everything down now ahead of time, so I will post everything over the course of this week.))

He makes his way to the edge of the woods, where a horse is waiting for him and where he exchanges his disguise for his more familiar equipment.

As fast as his horse can go, he makes his way to a small building hidden within the forest.

Here, a Lion captain and two more soldiers are waiting for him, they all wear the equipment of Prince Edward's personal guard.

As the soldier dismounts and gives his tired horse some water, everyone is eager to hear what he has to say.

Captain Sirius: "Have you learned anything? What are the Romans up to with their arena?"
Soldier: "They are planning to make Prince Edward fight in the arena, but I don't think it would be to the death. He's too valuable to them."
Captain Sirus: "Leave the thinking to me. We will send word to King Richard that the Romans are about to execute his son in their arena, and I will send our friend here to deal with these romans in the meanwhile."

As a soldier prepares to send the intended message to King Richard, a familiar archer steps out of the house.

Blue Shadow: "The Blue Shadow stands ready, you have paid the Blue Shadow's fee. Give your instructions and it will be done."