Author Topic: 5569 City Car  (Read 2155 times)

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
5569 City Car
« on: July 28, 2015, 19:17:36 »
The 5569 City Car arrived today.  I have been trying to be really good about adding to my collection as we are downsizing.  I have resisted buying anything for the past 6 months, turned my back on the last four 20% off PM sales!  I could not resist this little city car and it really doesn't take up that much room, right?
Anyway here is the box.

And its contents.

There are two decals that go on the dashboard.  These were difficult for someone with giant hands and ten thumbs to apply.

Next came the decals for the license plates, then popping in the the steering wheel and hatch.

The wheels have a smart white accent piece and attach to the body by sliding into place.  I haven't seen this in other PM vehicles. 

The assembled child seat fits snugly in the passenger's seat.

"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
Re: 5569 City Car
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 19:22:11 »
The setup is complete with the addition of the windshield and comes complete with two figures, an attractive woman and her cute little girl.

I really like the ease that the windshield snaps in and out, making it a bit easier for fumbling fingers to put passengers in and out.

My favorite part is how much room it takes up in my garage.  There is plenty of room for other treasures. 

Joe

- Ernest Hemingway

Offline Lynx

• PlaymoChess
  • Playmo Addict
  • The Story Of Randolph * PlaymoChess
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 20:15:33 »
Thanks for the review! Looks like a lovely set. Glad I'm stuck in medieval and more ancient stuff, when I'd get hooked to the modern stuff as well, a smiling bankruptcy would welcome me with open arms.. ;)

I like the last pic the best, when your avatar does the last check up. (Or just looking if the sports exhaust/ muffler will fit?)
The garage has plenty of room for, let's say, the 911? ;D

thanks for sharing!
RANDOLPH, a comic with Playmobil! Click for part: [1] [2] [3]

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 21:57:39 »
That's a nice little set, very SMART car looking.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 22:28:06 »
It looks a lot better in your pictures than it does on the box. I wish that they would bring out some cars that look older though. ;)
~Pynedor~

Offline Scribbler

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 03:06:15 »
Adorable! Is the child seat compatible with other cars? Will the old infant car seat fit in? (Can't recall the set number - but it was the yellow infant car seat that came with the blue car and bikes on the roof....)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 05:54:52 »
Lovely, thanks for the great review!

I really like the kid's seat.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 07:18:20 »
Looks like a nice small car, though in a way it amuses me that it does have a seat for a child but no seatbelts.  ;)

Seems to be quite some space in the trunk for groceries, tools, and such. Can an adult clicky fit in there as well?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 07:36:32 »
Thanks for the review. It's a nice little car (we have the first small green one)...

I really like the woman - we sent her to the west though. The girl is very pretty too.

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 14:25:57 »
The child car seat fits in both the Family SUV 5436 (which comes with a grey one of its own) and the Pick Up 5615.  I don't have any other new vehicles to check it out in, Scribbler.

There isn't room for an adult klicky in the back, Rhalius but you could transport a pet or two.

Joe
 - Ernest Hemingway