Author Topic: Playmobil USA Frustration  (Read 2243 times)

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
Playmobil USA Frustration
« on: July 17, 2015, 02:54:37 »
I really have to vent. :-[ I am beyond frustrated with Playmobil USA. So over the past few months I received several missing or scuffed/damaged parts in brand new sets. I've purchased far more Playmobil than usual with the wonderful bargains I have been able to find at TRU, Barnes/Nobles, etc. I guess with the more you buy, the more you increase the likelihood of mistakes. Here are a few examples:

1. Mystery Figures Series 2 Elvis- included an extra cape but was missing the arms, torso, hair and microphone
2. Mystery Figures Series 4 Knight- missing the cape and scepter
3. Woman with Border Collies-5213- two of my sets had extensive scuffs to the figures. I know this happens sometimes but these markings are really quite large and a Mr. Clean Magic eraser will not take it off
4. Hotel Housekeeper-the washing machine clear door insert doesn't fit into the door
...and the list continues

I know it's not Playmobil USA's direct fault for the errors, but I do feel they are to blame for how they haven't responded to an email from me in the last few YEARS. I used to think that maybe it was because I was using the email form on the main site and perhaps they weren't receiving the email. But then I started sending it through Google so that I have the peace of mind the emails are being sent. I've emailed about sets missing parts in the past to know avail. This time, however, I even sent photos and offered showing receipts but haven't heard back and it's been two weeks.

I simply don't have the time to call and be on hold for a long length of time. Playmobil's hours of operation and my work schedule don't allow time for this. I did manage to call a few weeks back inquiring about spare parts I needed (unrelated issue). The lady quickly asked me to email the list to them. I did, but again no reply.

I love Playmobil and have for over twenty years. But imagine if I were buying a gift for a child and the item was brand new but yet missing parts. If this was the first time I bought Playmobil it would likely be the last. Especially if I reached out to the manufacturer and was ignored. I sit and think how many times has this happened? In a country where most people don't even know what Playmobil is, you would think they would have superior customer service to increase awareness and ultimately increase profits.

I have come to the conclusion if I need spare parts it's far less hassle to buy them on eBay. I know from feedback I've seen most parts are out of stock from US DS but I wouldn't know as I never hear back from them.  :wave:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Re: Playmobil USA Frustration
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 06:46:41 »
Apalling  :( No wonder you're getting frustrated over this.

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 09:47:36 »
Last time I tried to order parts, they were supposedly sold out of ALL the parts I wanted... every single one  :hmm: and even when you can order it takes them forever... we need German CD service, just shut down the branch office  :lol:
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 12:45:23 »
This is why I say PM is not a global company. If it was you could order parts online with a couple of mouseclicks. As it stands it feels like they've got 6 1/2 people working at PM USA, most of whom are completely uninterested in the toys and just see it as "a job".

edit: "of whom" not "of them who" duhhh
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 20:31:22 by Macruran »
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 14:04:29 »
This is why I say PM is not a global company. If it was you could order parts online with a couple of mouseclicks. As it stands it feels like they've got 6 1/2 people working at PM USA, most of them who are completely uninterested in the toys and just see it as "a job".

Did you think they found a bunch of insane collectors to work there who only see blue? That would be even worse. It is also located in New Jersey, last time I was there seemed half the place was a car junk yard, many blue moons ago.

It is just a job, unfortunately not a good job.

PM US has had problems from day one and PM Germany seems not very interested in sorting it out.

The parts are now sent only a few times a year and are intended for replacing missing parts from sets. Now a bunch of collectors constantly calling making big orders clearing out the warehouse leaving nothing behind becomes a logistical nightmare. If PM US tells us we are not allowed to order due to the service not intended for this purpose we all know we would complain to the head office and through our high up connections.  It's a mess

The best solution i see is to allow us to order parts through the pcc direct from Germany just like the pcc sales only a few more time a year, perhaps quarterly with rotation by country so not all parts are sold out in minutes, as we have seen will happen.

Sorry Robbie, it is frustrating but I would be persistent.....and no, do not show PM US the receipt ....$0.03 for a $40 set will not help convince them to help
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 19:02:08 »
Update....I had a chance to call them today and the parts should arrive within 7-10 days. I spoke with Marsha. I mentioned to her I sent emails before requesting pricing on parts/availability but never received a response. She seemed to be a little baffled by this and asked me to re-send the email and to call back to make sure she received it.

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 01:57:33 »
UPDATE:

I received all the replacement parts today, including three figures that had printing scuffs. I has very pleased. I know in the future to call and I will get better service. Which reminds me, I just opened a Mystery Figures Series 8 lady with dog that was missing the leash.