Author Topic: playmobil vs. lego - growing up  (Read 8951 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: playmobil vs. lego - growing up
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2015, 07:57:47 »
They seem to have re-used the number for a newer set. I didn't know they did that.

They have been doing that for years and years....

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2015, 13:17:38 »
Well at least the Merry men feast is comeing to DS. Already in Germany and next year elsewhere too.

Now I just hope to get my hands on the other forestmen sets as well. The hollow tree, the hunters and the dancing bear set. The lonely monk too.

There was also this nice set, a knight with an ox wagon, a female servant or wife, and quite some stuff with it. At the time as a kid I didnt want it because I had two similar fat knights already. It was a very nice set that mixed knights with civilian stuff though.

Offline SKlick

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2015, 17:45:03 »
Well at least the Merry men feast is comeing to DS. Already in Germany and next year elsewhere too.
The tree alone is almost 20€, if anyone thought about buying the pieces seperately.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2015, 20:30:46 »
Oh the trees are nice and I'll be glad to have them but wouldnt have bought them seperatly online for such prices.

Its the clickies that I am truly after. Sherrif maybe not as much as the others, but I think I will be able to fit him into one of the factions.
The beer mugs with foam are also very welcome, dont have that yet. Neither the wooden hammer. And any trees to help me build a descent forest are always welcome.

Lego had even less in the way of medieval civilians though. But they did have some beautifull castles up to the early ninetees. To me Lego died in the late ninetees and never recovered. Pretty much when the minifigures stopped smiling, baseplates ceased to be made with sets and licenses everywhere jacking up the prices.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2015, 03:47:38 »
There was also this nice set, a knight with an ox wagon, a female servant or wife, and quite some stuff with it. At the time as a kid I didnt want it because I had two similar fat knights already. It was a very nice set that mixed knights with civilian stuff though.
The Ox Cart Knight. Another great set from the 90s. Really nice shield design too and unusual in that it came with bandages for the knight.
I think the current hay cart is very good, but I'd've preferred the soldiers to be different.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2015, 10:17:32 »
Oh the trees are nice and I'll be glad to have them but wouldnt have bought them seperatly online for such prices.

Its the clickies that I am truly after. Sherrif maybe not as much as the others, but I think I will be able to fit him into one of the factions.
The beer mugs with foam are also very welcome, dont have that yet. Neither the wooden hammer. And any trees to help me build a descent forest are always welcome.

Lego had even less in the way of medieval civilians though. But they did have some beautifull castles up to the early ninetees. To me Lego died in the late ninetees and never recovered. Pretty much when the minifigures stopped smiling, baseplates ceased to be made with sets and licenses everywhere jacking up the prices.

huh? the penultimate lego castle line contained many civilian elements.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2015, 16:29:27 »
Oh my, that looks gorgeous!

Can't beat Playmobil though  ;D

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2015, 18:06:43 »
well yes, agreed. it's imposible to beat the robin hood sets. no one can ever do that, not even playmobil unfortunately.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2015, 20:09:41 »
well yes, agreed. it's imposible to beat the robin hood sets. no one can ever do that, not even playmobil unfortunately.
Which is why it's great that they've re-released the merry men's feast.

http://www.playmobil.de/raeubergelage/6464.html?cgid=Ritter&showSpareParts=false

Just have to wait awhile until it's available elsewhere.

Offline SKlick

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2015, 03:02:52 »
Which is why it's great that they've re-released the merry men's feast.
I ended up buying two of those sets. My wallet hates me.  :-\