Author Topic: Fashion Model Sets - 6149, 6153, and 4792  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
Fashion Model Sets - 6149, 6153, and 4792
« on: March 20, 2015, 07:49:06 »
6149 - Fashion Show with Photographer

I already had several of the 'snap-on clothes' klickies, and saw this set as an opportunity to have some more clothes - as well as a shelving unit, some useful trolleys, a long-lens camera, and - of course - the new female klickies with coloured eyes.

The shelving unit is more transparent than it looks on the photographs, and has a nice sparkle to it.  Unfortunately, my one has a fault in the colouring, although that can easily be disguised by placing something on that shelf.

(The grey shapes on the top are not part of the shelving unit, incidentally - they are two spare trolley wheels, which I placed there for safekeeping.)

There is a sticker for the back of the shelving unit, which I decided not to use; and stickers for the model portraits, which just clip over the ends of the trolleys.  I will probably use these as wall portraits in a house scene.

There are also two jewels to apply to two of the outfits.

Here's an overview of the clothes and accessories which come with the set. 

The lighter skinned female klicky has blue eyes, and the tanned klicky has very nice purple eyes - coloured contact lenses I presume!

It rather amused me that she has the same hairstyle as the photographer.  Who copied who?

A view from behind:

6153 - Photoshoot on the Beach

I bought this set because I really liked the look of this klicky.  She also appears to wear coloured contact lenses, as she has unexpectedly blue eyes.

Here are her outfits and accessories, including a hair extension and three hair decorations (one of which she is wearing, and can't be seen here, but is visible in the previous photograph).

The airbed is made of a lightweight material, which apparently damages quite easily.  It was packed in a bag with some other items, which have obviously knocked along the front of it in transit, resulting in scuff marks.  I imagine that many more will be added to it in time, unless I store and handle it very carefully.

Here's the klicky ready for dressing:

I loved this beach wrap.

Except that it needs to be viewed only from the above angle.  The other side of it doesn't cover all her body:

4792 - Model at Fashion Show - Special Plus

This model doesn't have the coloured eyes, nor a portrait - but she does have nice clothes and bags, and another trolley.

Here are the three sets all together (plus a Baby Triceratops who just happened to be on the table at the time, and apparently - according to Mr Raven - really wanted to be a photomodel).

By the way, if you think the photographer looks a bit familiar, that's because he has a very similar outfit to the male klicky who comes with the 5265 Luxury Hotel Suite.

I am pleased with all that came with the sets.  I think, though, if I was buying just one set from the Fashion Model series for a child, for them to play 'Models' (rather than merely having more click-on clothes), then I would choose instead the 6148 Catwalk Models, which is more self-explanatory.  (Oh, and I'd also order the long lens camera from 6149 ... or if they already had a standard Playmobil camera, just the lens; I bought another one: it cost only 20 cents, and fits any camera - part number 30 23 7892.)

The other sets seem more like 'additions' to the Catwalk set, and on their own may require quite a lot of imagination to continuously create photomodel scenes.  Possibly.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Fashion Model Sets - 6149, 6153, and 4792
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 08:03:31 »
Thanks for the review.

I find the theme itself offensive, but...

I think the klickys have potential... I only have a couple of klickys from lots. There is a GORGEOUS green woman in another of those sets  :love:

I like the new eyes (except them being cheap painted ones  >:( , and I'm afraid with the declining quality we will end up with mostly messed up klickys).  I am concerned that they make the others "obsolete". Like it happened with the legs..

I don't think the snap on clothes really work. The klickys "dressed" with those look like little barrels, mostly. And without those most are only saloon fitting  :P ... Maybe the smaller skirts are more useful. I have a couple to try something.

And I still have doubts the "clothes" themselves will last in the hands of kids... even careful ones (savages don't count).

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 13:16:24 »
Thanks so much for the review. These sets are lovely, and it's nice to get a look up close. I do hate their eyes, but the dresses are great. I'll be glad to have more of these clothes to add to my collection.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 18:19:54 »
Interesting sets. Nothing there I really need but the hats and busts for them are pretty nice.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 18:21:47 »
Interesting sets. Nothing there I really need but the hats and busts for them are pretty nice.

Ah, yes, the busts are lovely!