Author Topic: State Fair Diorama  (Read 10225 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: State Fair Diorama
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2014, 12:29:13 »
Thanks so much!

I must admit the dunking booth was the hardest part of the whole thing. It took a lot of researching pictures of them (because I usually only see the one at our fair after dark) and experimenting with a lot of different parts and designs. It's still not exactly what I wanted. The strength tester/bell ringer was hard, too. Chris had to help me some with that one.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2014, 13:04:52 »
Such a  :love: diorama. I really enjoyed the video too. A lot of things have been said; you really have made such a pretty scene with all these customized booths.

Ever since I saw the movie Big Business with where Bette Midler visited a country fair I dreamed of visiting one myself. Maybe one day...
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2014, 22:14:13 »
Great settup there some really creative work on the stalls I really like a lot of them and the pony ride sign also the fact that you've mixed in old and new sets I had some of them as a kid with one of the 1990's playground sets. You've also got some nice families there personally I quite like the guy with the grey spiky hair and beard and the stall holder for the basketball game with the flowery shirt don't think I've seen that one before   

Nice fair :)   

Great creativity for the rides - and you did capture the weirdness of the booth people!

Ah, and what a nice variety of klickys :love:  (saw the vsk kid on the swing :) )

And grandma finding her inner child!  ;D

I didn't like the savages with the sheep (well done though), and the animals as prizes look.. creepy - maybe because we KNOW they're supposed to be animals? Wait. They're all plastic... Uhm.

Totally agree on several points there the commentary throughout was good particularly about Grandma discovering her inner child   :D. Also don't like the look of the sheep rodeo I've seen far worse things but, still there's some strange people in the world cheering kids on as well  :-\  and agree about the animals looks a bit odd seeing them all hung up as prizes hard to stopp thinking of them as real life (... uh sort) of playmobil animals.

Generally though great settup very bright and creative  :)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2014, 23:39:49 »
Thanks guys!
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2014, 12:14:56 »
OH WOW! I loved it!!!
There are so many details to drool over !!!  :lol:
I love all the game booths, specially the dunking booth, great idea!!! The jam contest, the painter, the hot dog set!!  :love:
The albino kid is there!  :lol: I love him.

Congratulations bb, it's a very realistic and lovely Playmo diorama!

:love: :love:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 16:13:00 by tonguello »
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2014, 15:12:39 »
Thank you Gaston! 8-)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2014, 13:56:38 »
Ah this is great, I was expecting a dio with the new rides, and it turns out to be a custom made carnival!

Details I specifically liked:

- the Pony Rides sign
- the boy feeding the cow  ;D
- the kids rodeo (since it's in plastic, no harm done!)
- jellie and pickle contests, ha!
- the description of the band playing ("country/rocker wannabe local band")
- the granny who's totally excited about her ice cream cone
- the two kids on the fairis wheel (puppy love?)
- every one of the custom made attractions: wonderfully done  :) Floating cups game! Duck shooter!  Oh and the lady in the dunking booth  ;D
- all the displayed prizes to pick out

The whole dio looks amazing in the dark with the lights on.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2014, 01:58:20 »
Thanks so much, Birdie! :love:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2014, 19:36:11 »
Wow!

Nothing much else to add to what everyone else has said. So many amazing ideas Bonniebeth! I especially like the ducking stall, very popular attraction at school fairs over here, when the teachers volunteer for a ducking!

Carnies (I had to look that word up, but it's obvious really!) often do look like that, scary! In our family, we tend to avoid those funfairs which pitch up for a week then move on. Too pricey, too rigged against the punter, too many scary people!

Do State Fairs have flower or vegetable displays/ contests? These are often a feature of the British equivalent of State Fairs, where there is often a marquee for competitors to display their horticultural splendours. The smell in the flower tent is just amazing! Maybe the Big Top tent from the circus (if you have one) could double up as the horticulture tent? You would need lots of flowers and vegetables to display... And another table to put it on. On second thoughts, forget the idea, your Fair is just great as it is!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2014, 22:31:22 »
Thank you! I've never seen flowers at the fair here, but that sounds really lovely. There are contests for prize pumpkins and stuff like that, along with the livestock shows and jelly contests, pie contests, etc. The big top is a really good idea for that, actually. Especially if you cut out just a white cover rather than the striped circus cover. Unfortunately I recently sold my circus stuff. :(