Author Topic: Problem with sending emails from Playmofriends  (Read 9262 times)

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
Problem with sending emails from Playmofriends
« on: December 10, 2014, 14:47:44 »
I posted first in this older topic, but then I thought it might be worth starting a new topic to call attention to the issue.  :)
Topic: Not getting emails from Playmofriends

It looks as those this is still (again?) a problem.  I recently discovered that an email I sent to a member via Playmofriends some weeks ago never arrived and a couple of test emails today also did not arrive (including one that I tried to email to myself from Playmofriends.)  Also, I noticed that it is not possible to see other people's email addresses though I think that was possible in the past - it would seem that if people are willing to receive emails (as may be designated through one's profile page) they wouldn't mind having other folks see their email address?   ???
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Problem with sending emails from Playmofriends
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 21:07:58 »
If I sent emails I would know if it is working for me. Shall I try to send you something? I need to find the email link, I am fully tech-tarded
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 15:26:21 »
Hi Rasputin!
Thanks for the offer - I already know that it has been a problem because of a situation a few weeks ago and then a test when I tried to send an email to myself which never showed up.  More testing is always good, though!  If you go to my profile page (just click on my name in my member info next to this post) and then click on the little envelope that appears on the left side of my profile page and then send a test email.  Let me know when you do it and I will be watching for it.  Thanks!   :xmascheer:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 15:30:14 »
I wish I could help you on this, but I'd say that Sylvia might be the only one who can. If e-mails are just not being sent at all, there might be some problem with how the e-mail backend is set up. I'm not sure how it is organized for this site though.
~Pynedor~

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 17:11:25 »
Thanks Pynedor!  I think you are right - Sylvia probably has to deal with this.  It's easy to get around the problem by not using the email function here at PF but, if people do use it, they may think that others are ignoring their emails. 

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 16:05:31 »
Test sent
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 17:08:00 »
Thanks Rasputin - nothing yet but I will check again tomorrow.  Thanks!   :sparkle:

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 15:45:50 »
Still no email from Rasputin (or the one I sent to myself) though here is a mystery -  tonguello sent me a test email which did arrive, though it went to my spam folder.   ???

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 18:22:53 »
Sylvia - Any news on this problem?   ???

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 17:38:01 »
It's been a couple of months now since I first asked about this problem (and it seems to have been a problem since early last year) - is there any news?  Just wondering . . . .