Author Topic: Ordering online vs sending a list to DS (UK)  (Read 1066 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Ordering online vs sending a list to DS (UK)
« on: December 08, 2014, 17:44:01 »
I ordered a door (30627612) for the Travel bus/coach 4419 from DS (UK) along with a list of other parts. It shows up as available on the website 'Find Spare Parts' but DS (UK) told me it was no longer available. They suggested ordering it from the website by putting it into my basket. I did this (with a few other parts I needed) and it arrived about 10 days later (slower than the order I placed the same time with DS by email, plus I had to pay postage because the total of my online order was not over £30).

So, its worth trying to order parts from the website even if DS are saying they are not available.

None of the above applies if your country is not supplied by the German DS. Sorry, I am not meaning to gloat!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Ordering online vs sending a list to DS (UK)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 19:42:56 »
Useful bit of info there,Graham, especially as I'm about to put an oder in and couple of items come up as n/a.  Many thanks.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”