Author Topic: Swords and Lions  (Read 10585 times)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
Swords and Lions
« on: October 22, 2014, 13:24:46 »
((this is the direct follow up of shadow and kings, it begins where it ended.))
http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=14086.0

Now that Prince Edward the Lion has captured all the rulers of the entire continent exept for Queen Dominique, his troops are making their final preperations at their camp.

Soon they will march for Queen Dominique's castle.

The soldiers talk a bit around the campfire, while they wait for the knights to finish argueing about a plan of attack.

Soldier: "Sounds like they can't really get along.. but I gues thats expected when these three knights show up to help and expect to take charge."
Royal guard: "Prince Edward send them along with us, he seemed to know them quite well."
Soldier: "Probably. Say, why are you not with the Prince right now? You are a royal guard after all."
Royal guard: "I am yes, though I used to be the King's guard. Prince Edward gave me clear orders to go with the army though. He always prefered his own bodyguards."
Soldier: "Maybe he wants you to see how well we do? He will need a new King's guard once we find king Richard."
Royal guard: "I don't know, I just hope that its true that King Richard is still alive, where ever he may be inprisoned. He was a great king."

Not only the Lion's army, but also the troops of his allies are waiting at the camp.

Soldier: "Lets hope our lords will manage to take over command of this army, these Lion troops are too soft."
Spearman: "Yeah, its almost like they don't want to fight while we get a beautifull castle to plunder."
Soldier: "More for us then!"

But the knights in command, they do not agree with each other.

Heinrich Drachenfell: "Just let us handle this, we have plenty of experience besieging castles."
Sir William: "A little too much experience perhaps."
Wolfgang of Ravenstein: "What is that supposed to mean? Your Prince wisely requested our help to ensure victory."
Sir Jonathan: "You three are too eager to fight. While King Phillip has spread terrible lies about our Prince, his troops are not to blame for that."
Sir William: "They just follow their orders, like we do. And let me make this VERY clear. I am in command of this army and this battle is NOT going to be a massacre. We need to capture the castle and its soldiers. They may be persuaded to join us. We may need an even bigger army if the other kings have listened to King Phillip's lies. I will hear no more of this, we need to move now before they learn of the attack. If we can catch them unprepared we can overwhelm them and convince them to surrender."

While the three hired knights start throwing many arguements at Sir William, he just ignores it and walks away. The other Lion Knights follow him.

Heinrich Drachenfell: "Very well, we will do things your way.. for now."
Sir Jonathan: "That's better. now get to your horses, Sir William is about to speak to the men."

Sir William climbs on a rock so that everyone can see him. All the soldiers quickly gather around him.

Sir William raises his voice to adress everyone. "Soldiers, Knights, Brothers in arms! Gather around and hear what I have to say!
Today we march for King Phillip's castle! We will capture it and claim it in name of the kingdom of Alion! In the name of our Prince!
While it pains me to strike at a king that used to be our ally, true allies would not accuse each other of treason! While it is unfortunate that someone tried to assasinate King Phillip, he accused Prince Edward of this vile act! Prince Edward, our lord and master who was the guest of honour at that tournament! He even send us, his own troops, to help capture the Dread Baron who escaped! Should we let such treason go unpunished?!"

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
Re: Swords and Lions
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 14:02:14 »
All the soldiers shout no! They are getting angry and ready for battle as they listen to Sir William's speech.

Sir William draws his sword: "Well then, to war! Fight with the bravery and courage of Lions! We move now!"

While the Lion troops are roused up by the speech, the three hired knights are unimpressed.

Siegfried Rodich: "Charming speech, at least they are ready to fight now."
Heinrich Drachenfell: "We will see how it goes. I gues we will have to do the hard work."
Wolfgang of Ravenstein: "Finally, time for battle!"

And so the Lion army and their allies move out, towards the castle!

In the meanwhile, Queen Dominique has gathered all knights around her at the castle to plan the defense.

Queen Dominique: "I don't know how long it will take for the Lion's army to arrive, but we should prepare right now, we need to be ready."

The three friends Henry, Roderick and Frederick stand ready, while they have fought some battles they never fought in a war before.

Henry: "We can do this your majesty! I am sure we can set up some traps and barricades and drive them off!"
Roderick: "Yes, let them tire themselves out trying to conquer our walls!"
Frederick: "We will be safe behind our walls."
Queen Dominique smiles, happy to see such initiative from the three young knights. "Let's get to work then, we need to make the most of the time we have left!"

"No, we need to force them into a field battle." Says Cedric, causing everyone to look at him in surprise. A field battle?! Surely he cannot be serious!

Baron Blacktower: "Surely you can't be serious? We have a great defensive advantage here, we should not give that up."
Cedric: "Let me explain.. If they besiege this castle we will be prisoners. They can cut off our supplies untill we have to surrender when we run out of food. By fighting here Queen Dominique, Baron Blacktower and everyone who works here at the castle will be in constant danger. If they have catapults and other siege equipment they might just destroy our walls from a distance. Also, I have seen their knights at the tournament. They are not as good on horseback as the knights we have, which gives us an advantage in the field."

Queen Dominique considers this a moment. "Very well Cedric, those are very good reasons. You have kept us safe for so many years, it would be wrong to doubt you now. We will do this your way. Henry will lead the army while you stay here to recover. I don't want you risking yourself while sick."

((Will be continued soon.))

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 17:14:58 »
Great continuation, wonderful photography  :munch:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 17:59:58 »
Looking forward to more  :knight:

(and this new size works a LOT better - at least to me :) )

Offline Lynx

• PlaymoChess
  • Playmo Addict
  • The Story Of Randolph * PlaymoChess
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 08:29:32 »
Great! Excellent work again, Rhalius!  :)9 :wow:
RANDOLPH, a comic with Playmobil! Click for part: [1] [2] [3]

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 05:22:05 »
Excellent story telling & photography  :love: :love:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 06:34:17 »
 :munch:

I wonder how that will end... Will there be a huge battle scene?

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 08:01:17 »
Great pictures. Waiting for the battle...
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 13:17:07 »
((thanks everyone  :) ))

Cedric stands up from his chair, leaning on his brother for support.

Cedric: "They will move through the mountains, you can cut them off there. I'd wish I could be there with you, but I would just slow you down."
Henry: "I don't know if I am up to this.. I never had to lead an army before... I am not as strong as you."
Cedric: "We are all strong in our own way, and you are not alone. Your friends Frederick and Roderick will be there with you as well. Together you three are a great team. Sir Christopher, Herbert's Veterans and our own soldiers all know what to do as well. Together you will need to defeat this army. Many lives are at stake. Prince Edward must not win!"
Henry: "Alright, I know what to do. We will defeat them, but what about the castle? We can't leave it unguarded."
Cedric: "Leave that to me. I will stay here, and the swan troops as well.. one good archer and two squires. It will be alright."

Cedric moves to sit back down while the knights move down the stairs where the army waits for them. Roderick says his goodbyes to Elena.

Elena: "Be carefull out there!"
Roderick: "Don't worry, we will be back soon."
Henry looks back, shaking his head a bit. He is still not too happy about anyone courting his sister, though at least Elena seems to like Roderick.

As the three friends walk through the courtyard, all the soldiers are gathered already.

Roderick: "Everyone seems ready to move out."
Frederick: "I wish we had more troops."
Henry: "It will be enough, we can't just expect for more people to ride through the gates to help us."

Henry stops a moment before Sir Herbert and his men.

Henry: "So you will stay and fight with us?"
Herbert: "Of course we stay! Me and my experienced veterans have seen many battles, we will win the day for you."
While Henry had little faith in Herbert's abilities, he did trust that the veterans accompanying him would do their job well.

While the three friends get their horses, two familiar knights arrive at the castle.

They are Sir Gareth Boulaise and Sir Roland. Both of them fought at the latest tournament and helped chase after the Dread Baron afterwards, even though he escaped.

As they ride through the gates, Frederick is the first to spot them.

Frederick: "Hey look! more people riding through the gates to help us!"
Gareth: "We saw Queen Dominique rushing by on a horse, without anyone protecting her. Is she alright? and it looks like you are all getting ready for war?"
Henry: "Queen Dominique is safe here at the castle. She was attending a meeting of kings, but prince Edward ambushed them. Queen Dominique is the only one who escaped, all the others are captured. The Dread Baron was with the prince, and his army is marching towards this castle. We ride out to meet them in the field."
Roland: "Seriously? I never suspected that prince.. It looks like you could use another sword. I want to help."
Gareth nods. "Me too, sounds like he will march on the other kingdoms if he would conquer this one."

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 13:43:58 »
Henry smiles as he gets on his horse. "Your help is very welcome, friends."

Henry: "Alright everyone, we ride out to meet Edward the Lion's army in battle! This will be a tough fight since they are with many, but remember what is at stake here! They want to destroy our homes and have taken our King prisoner! We march now, to defeat this army, and free our King!"

And so the army leaves the castle, marching for battle. Will they be able to defeat the mighty army they will face?

Cedric is confident it will be, and he gathers his Swan troops around him.

Cedric: "Listen carefully, I will need you three to defend this castle as best as possible. Stay on the walls and keep a close eye out for trouble. Report everything, even if its does not seem like trouble."
Queen Dominique: "Are you sure we should not have kept more soldiers here, Cedric?"
Cedric: "They will need as many troops as possible in the field, there is too much at stake to hold back. If need be Elena can swing a mean mace and I am sure Lambert knows well enough how to swing a sword too."
Lambert Blacktower: "Erhm well surely it won't be needed? I am sure your archer and squires have this covered!"
Elena: "You can count on me, brother."

It does not take long to reach the mountain pass, as the battle draws closer, everyone gets a little nervous. They don't know what to expect.

The three friends ride at the head of the army, and are a bit restless as well.

Henry: "This is it.. we can't lose this battle.. everyone is counting on us."
Roderick: "We are not alone in this, we fight together."
Frederick: "I am sure they don't expect us to attack them!"

But Frederick was wrong. From the mountains, the Lion army saw them comeing and they took up a defensive position, ready to make a stand!