Author Topic: The new babies have arrived  (Read 3601 times)

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
Re: The new babies have arrived
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 01:31:19 »
They are adorable!  I'm glad to see that the babies are able to grasp things.  I too am not sure about that haircut though ;).

Can't wait to get them here in the States!
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 19:26:19 »
Hey I was just wondering, are these new babies a little bigger than the old babies? Can you post a picture of the two types side by side?
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 19:38:01 »
I think they are the same - the legs are interchangeable...

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 06:30:50 »
Looking at these lovely babies I was wondering wich was the first set ever with a baby in it?

I still remember I was twelve and found myself almost too old for Playmobil, but then the first children arrived. They were so great I had to buy them. Babies late eighties? Does anyone know?
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2014, 07:42:55 »
Hey I was just wondering, are these new babies a little bigger than the old babies? Can you post a picture of the two types side by side?

Taller no, but the newest babies' head looks a bit bigger. The difference between the previous type and the newest one might just be the haircut or the bigger eyes and mouth.

Looking at these lovely babies I was wondering wich was the first set ever with a baby in it?

I still remember I was twelve and found myself almost too old for Playmobil, but then the first children arrived. They were so great I had to buy them. Babies late eighties? Does anyone know?

The Collector Catalogue I have suggest set 3593 was the first set with a baby in it, from the 1984/85 catalogue.

I only just now managed to get that red baby (it came with the 3782 bus) :)

And children first appeared in the 1981/82 catalogue.

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2014, 10:23:56 »
Those pictures make me melt. So cute! I'd never noticed those different haircuts in the old style. I love the first version best. Great you managed to buy the red one. She's very sweet.

Thank you for the information. Stupid hormons. I'd better have asked those sets for my thirteenth birthday  than a hairdryer and make-up. Hopefully I can catch up now.  :lol:
And I'm still using that same hairdryer once in a while.
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 01:44:26 »
Thanks for the comparison pictures, Birdie. It makes sense for them to be the same size, that way they will fit in all the same car seats, strollers, and high chairs.
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 13:44:28 »
Cute, yes but to me they look more 123 than ever. The old babies looked more playmobil to me. The baby with the diaper looks weird but not the full jumpsuited ones. I thought the pcc team said these new babies were meant to be older?

Thanks for all the nice pictures
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2014, 15:40:46 »
Yeah, they did say that. That's why I was wondering. But they did say they were considered to be older because they were able to grasp things, so I guess not because of their size.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2014, 16:13:22 »
Oh hang on, I forgot because I don't have one, but the nativity set baby Jesus wrapped in blankets is smaller than this one, right?

Maybe that's supposed to be the new-born?  :)