Author Topic: Free Dollhouse Wallpaper  (Read 4193 times)

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
Free Dollhouse Wallpaper
« on: August 10, 2014, 15:36:16 »
Following on from reading that Birdie wants to customize a Victorian house and needs wallpaper, this is a site I found offering free dollhouse miniature wallpaper to download.

http://www.jennifersprintables.com/printables1.html 

It includes papers from different eras so could be used for other houses too.

I wallpapered all my older houses for Kirkbean Exhibition using papers from this site.  The only problem was that they print on A4 portrait and I needed the landscape size so I just used papers that could be used any way round.

Here are a few pics of some of the ones I used ...

Hope this is useful.

Elaine

A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
Re: Free Dollhouse Wallpaper
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 16:55:42 »
They all look perfect, Elaine.  I especially liked the diamond patterns and the blue style in the kitchen.  This inspires me to do a little sprucing up.  :lol:

Joe 
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 18:28:18 »
They're beautiful! Thank you so much for letting us in on this  :wow:

There's another website that Playmovictorian/Karim posted, I believe. Plenty to choose from now  :love:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 05:51:29 »
Neat! Thanks for sharing!

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 20:00:05 »
Can anyone offer tips on wallpapering?  I've recently been covering up holes on the base plates with floor coverings, and I'd love to try wallpapering too, but I'm thinking it might require more skillfulness (and neatness and patience) than I possess.  This is a snapshot of an interior of a building that is on my dining table at the moment:

And I have no idea how I'd attempt to wallpaper it.  It looks too difficult to me.

Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 21:04:46 »
Good question. System-X houses are tricky. The walls don't come in one piece.

And those rounded walls look like a nightmare to wallpaper  8}

Best way to go seems to me: carefully measuring and cutting out pieces of wall paper, to cover the individual wall pieces. Take it all apart and wallpaper each piece separately.
For that round bay window, I'd try to stick the paper to it with some sort of glue, smoothen out the paper so there are no bubbles underneath, then cut off the edges with a cutter knife.

But maybe the experts on this forum might be able to help you better ;D

Offline Emma.J

• Playmo Addict
    • Emma.J Blog page
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 22:09:17 »
 :wave: Hi there, if your planning on wallpapering the system x wall shown here is how I do it.
First of all cut your A4 wallpaper into a rectangle that is the length of the entire paper but the height of the wall you want to cover.
Then pull the wall out from your building and lay it on the underside of the wallpaper so you can draw around the entire shape. I would suggest doing one wall at a time, when your more confident then you can try wallpapering around the corners at the same time, using the entire wallpaper sheet.
Take out any windows so you can draw around the opening and cut this piece out.
Glue the paper to the wall with paper glue, it's not as durable as other glues but if you change your mind it's a lot easier to take off than normal clear glue. As it's slower to dry it will also give you chance to line up the paper easier.
For the palace windows you have 3 options, leave it white as a contrast, paint it a matching colour or wallpaper it. If your going to wallpaper it you will need to cut out each surface and measure them to fit. Start with a piece of paper the same height as the section your going to cover and press it firmly onto the part. Run your nail along the edges to form a crease outline of the section which you can see when you flip the paper over. This will give you an outline to cut out. Then just keep repeating for each part.

I wallpapered all my older houses for Kirkbean Exhibition using papers from this site.  The only problem was that they print on A4 portrait and I needed the landscape size so I just used papers that could be used any way round.

Hi Elaine if you want landscape paper, down load your pattern, open in paint, select all, copy, then paste 2nd image to right of the first overlapping where needed so the pattern matches up then just cut the double image down to fit A4 size.

Hope this helps
Improvise, adapt, overcome ..... If all else fails FAKE IT!

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 07:55:30 »
Expert advice! Thank you so much Emma J.  :)
Can't wait to try this out...

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 08:37:21 »
Thank you for the help.  It never even occurred to me to take the windows out to draw around the opening ... I would have been doing all sorts of measurements with a tape measure and getting frustrated!

I really am going to have to have a go at this - it looks so much nicer to have the multitude of spare holes covered up.  Seeing that I can't even cut straight, I'm sure that my results will be 'interesting' - but I don't like to let little things like inability stop me.  :)
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 12:03:44 »
Hey Elaine, just wanted to let you know that I finally got around to wallpapering, and the website you recommended is a-ma-zing!  :love:

Thank you so much for sharing it, I've already done a kitchen and the pattern looks gorgeous  ;D