Author Topic: Set 3782 City Bus and 'Balisto' Bus Shelter  (Read 1606 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Set 3782 City Bus and 'Balisto' Bus Shelter
« on: July 29, 2014, 19:44:13 »
Since I finished my long affair with Specials, I have had chance to look at a few other things, including this lovely set from 1988
http://www.playmobil.de/on/demandware.store/Sites-DE-Site/de_DE/Product-Show?pid=3782-A

I got one of these in with a big lot of secondhand PM and I am trying to fill in the gaps, but the PlaymoDB inventory is incomplete and the box picture isn't quite good enough. SO, if anyone has this set (or the instruction sheet even) and can help, here are my questions:

• Bus steering wheel- is it supposed to be black (as stated in playmoDB) or grey (as on mine)?
  • What is the baby like? Colours, gender? (There MUST be a baby in that buggy!)
  • Is the black child wearing a white bobble hat (aka toque)?
  • PlaymoDB includes the part "30 80 5320   1x    Baby carriage mattress, foam - white" What are the dimensions of this mattress and is it really made of foam? (so I can make one)
  • Does the man in orange and brown really have a handlebar mustache (as several pictures of the set suggest e.g.http://media-cache-cd0.pinimg.com/736x/e3/a5/51/e3a551b6d9e719765dd232aff700e3e1.jpg)?
  • The hat the man is wearing, is the colour light brown or nearly white (I have the latter)?
  • Are his cuffs black or brown?
  • Does the bus driver have blond classic hair?

Answers in short form (e.g. 8=yes) would be appreciated, or an essay!

I might do a review if I get the answers. ;D
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 10:56:18 by GrahamB »
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline surfergirl

• PCC Member
  • Playmo Fanatic
Re: Set 3782 City Bus and 'Balisto' Bus Shelter
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 18:15:11 »
Hi Graham,

I just checked the instructions but the figures aren't listed...the instructions are in colour at least. I have the set but its buried in a box that I can't get to easily so please bear with me as I'll be doing this from partial instructions and from memory.
1. The steering wheel in the instructions is black, and from memory I think mine is. It sits pretty flat and has the 'sticky up bit' for the driver to hold.
2. I can't remember this but the only options for baby colour back then were white, red and yellow, and if I had to gamble on one I'd go red.
3. Yes, it's a white bobble hat.
4. Yes, the mattress was made of very thin foam which fitted perfectly in the bottom of the pram.
5. Mine doesn't have a moustache, just the beard.
6. The mans had is definitely light brown.
7. I'm pretty certain his cuffs are dark brown to match his trousers.
8. Yes, classic blonde hair.

Hope that helps for now  :)

Claire  :wave:
I wish I lived in Germany!

Offline Scribbler

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 20:16:32 »
Yes, the baby is wearing a red suit. Brown hair.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 07:22:11 »
Thanks, Scribbler!
All questions now answered, but further confirmation on 1, 5 and 7 would be welcomed.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)