Author Topic: this is driving me mad!  (Read 2572 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
this is driving me mad!
« on: April 10, 2014, 14:33:29 »
IM going nuts!

I can't remember and I can't find where this mustard yellow bag is from!!!! does anyone know?? 

:hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit:

...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
Re: this is driving me mad!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 14:50:29 »
I used a tip from Heather's recent post to find this set: 4015 Active Playground Super Set

Heather's tip is as follows:  . . .  In the "Ersatzenteile Finden" link in that same footer [Playmobil.de webpage], you can search for any part number, and you might get its name in German, its price, maybe a picture, maybe a list of some sets it's in . . .
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 14:56:43 by Indianna »
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 15:26:45 »
You can also put the part number in this URL (as I have said before :) )

http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/klicky.pl?partnum=30-20-9472

Indianna - your link is not working for me!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 15:44:27 »
Thank you!!

the catamaran! of course!  :doh:

Thank you GrahamB... I think you posted this method before  :-[ :-[  which now Im saving  ;D
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 13:37:53 »

. . . Indianna - your link is not working for me!

Hi Graham - which link is not working?  Both seemed OK now when I just tested them.  Maybe you are referring to the Playmobil.de reference which I wasn't able to put in as an actual link.  Instead, you have to go to Playmobil.de, scroll to the bottom of the webpage and click on "ERSATZTEILE FINDEN" and type the part number into the search bar (but I suspect that you already know about this Graham!  ;) )

I find it very interesting (and frustrating) that the search at Playmobil.de yields set 4015 but the search on Playmodb yields two other sets (5130 & 5964.)  Since Playmodb is a work in progress, I would expect to find omissions (which get corrected swiftly) but one would think that the official Playmobil website would list all the sets.  ???

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 13:50:37 »
The search at playmobil.de only shows the actual available sets (I guess). Any older sets that contain this part are not shown.

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 14:02:20 »
That's probably the answer.  On the other hand, all three of these sets (4015, 5130, 5964) appear in the building instructions area and the older sets do not appear in the archives yet.  I think this is because Playmobil does not fully understand why collectors, and even just plain customers, want/need part and set information.  :'(

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 18:05:34 »
4015 Active Playground Super Set

This link gave me a fairly blank page at Toysaurus Canada, but not to worry it's probably this Apple Safari browser I'm on!

That's probably the answer.  On the other hand, all three of these sets (4015, 5130, 5964) appear in the building instructions area and the older sets do not appear in the archives yet.  I think this is because Playmobil does not fully understand why collectors, and even just plain customers, want/need part and set information.  :'(

I fully agree, Indianna.
The reason Geobra offer a spare parts service is to supply parts which children have lost or broken in their recently-purchased sets (this has been stated publicly). They only offer parts from sets from the last 5 or 6 years (I think that's right?). The fact that some parts can be used to fill gaps in much older sets, or satisfy adult collectors who are amassing armies of klickies or creating room-sized dioramas is mere serendipity, they do not (until perhaps very recently with a certain part having a 'crossroads' theme in its name) see collectors as a potential market.

That said, it is perhaps puzzling why they are bothering to devote bandwidth (and the time taken to create PDFs) to publishing online the building instructions of older sets. Perhaps they feel they want to offer a service to people who find their childhood Playmobil sets in the attic? What is the point of them helping someone to assemble, say, a 3666 castle using downloaded instructions, only for them to find a crucial part is missing and DS cannot supply it (this may not be a good example but I am sure there must be parts in 3666 which DS cannot supply)?

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see EVERY set of building instructions on the Playmobil websites (the number on there keeps going up -it's at 1448 now), but many sets (e.g. 215 out of 218 Specials) never had building instructions, so we do not know the part numbers in these sets, except by intelligent guesswork.

I think the "ersatzteile finden" feature (thanks for prompting me to go and have a look at that Indianna!) will only ever show parts currently available from German DS - itself a useful feature, but not ideal for finding the parts I need in other places.

I'd love to know what others think Geobra are doing by posting old building instructions, btw!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline AgeOwns

• Playmo Fanatic
  • @MillionairePb
    • MillionairePlayboy.com
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 23:25:30 »
Didn't one (maybe a different color) come with the Bikini special?

Oh, here it is, different deco