Author Topic: Samurais!  (Read 8068 times)

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
Samurais!
« on: March 16, 2014, 20:54:15 »
Hi folks!
I have already posted the first picture on my 3D Printing thread, but that was two/three weeks ago, and I didn't get any reply before tonight (thank you AgeOwns!  :)).
So, here are my latest; the samurais. I have been working on those for quite a while now, and with Master Cheng's help, I have improved my models and made new ones.

First of all, the typical samurai hair cut, with the braid pulled up. The kimono folds are made with Master Cheng's technique, using PVC tape/stickers.

Then a fighter from the Tokugawa clan, wearing a Happuri Mempo (face mask) and a wakizashi through his belt.

A warrior with a Jingasa (cone shaped helmet) and the re-released legs from the Wella prince.

A fighting monk with a (huge, maybe slightly too big) straw/wicker hat, and the Yari I made with PM parts (shaft from a lance and a roman gladius blade).

Hope you like them. They'll be in a diorama in October in Paris, I'll show you pics then.  :wave:

I would also like to thank Hadoque and Eric for their help in getting the arms with puffy sleeves. Guys, you can order those from the DS!!! :woohoo:
Life in the so called space age...

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Samurais!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 22:28:26 »
Great looking customs work Arnaud, that seemsa bit of a change of geography for you if not time period.

Offline larryhohoho

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 01:26:45 »
スゴイ!Awesome stuff!
"Things You Own End Up Owning You" - Tyler Durden

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 06:10:46 »
Wow I love them!
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 07:12:20 »
Very cool! I like the fighting monk especially - I don't think the wicker hat is too big. Somehow the texture looks perfect for it, too.

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 12:41:00 »
Despite their smiles they all look ready to fight. Wonderful job you did to them!
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 08:46:33 »
I must be dumb-founded or quiet with jealousy...but neither :love:

Arnaud, you have made those changes and I'm without constructive criticism for once or have any unsolicted advice for these.

You also seem able to paint them quite well now that youve made their surfaces smoother.
The first price goes to the top-knotted skull...(I can only hope Geobra makes one such Fi?ure someday)...the flesh colour is so so matching.....Sensei-Arnaud....ICHIBAN DESU! :love:

Offline Lynx

• PlaymoChess
  • Playmo Addict
  • The Story Of Randolph * PlaymoChess
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 09:30:14 »
Fantastic customs!  :love: Great use of existing and non- existing parts! Love them all but I think the one in the white kimono (pic 1) is my favourite
RANDOLPH, a comic with Playmobil! Click for part: [1] [2] [3]

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 21:41:29 »
Very nice your Samuari look ready for action  :), nice work painting the sword blades. The hat on the Fighting Monky looks good as others have said very good texture but, that Samurai headpiece for me it just looks the buisness much better than my rather crude attempt at a bald head by slicing the bandanna off and painting some hair lines in  :-[ 

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 10:43:00 »
Very nice customs!!

George. :)
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!