Author Topic: 5422 Alpine Lodge and 5426 Cable Car  (Read 5060 times)

Offline BowlInJar

• Playmo Enthusiast
Re: 5422 Alpine Lodge and 5426 Cable Car
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 03:07:05 »
Thanks for the feedback everyone!  These are some of my favorites sets.  :love:  So cool! Looking forward to completing the Mountain Life theme this summer!

These sets are fabulous,especially the Alpine Lodge!!!!!Is a kitchen included in this set?What's this in the left of the photo,with the interior of house?And also is there space for a bath tube in the bathroom?????

There isn't a "real" kitchen, but it has a counter with a beer dispenser/draft.  If you look at the back of the box (second photo, I think) you'll see it near the bottom left.  Left in the photo is just a sleeping bag/pallet.  The cat is right up next to the wall, so there really isn't much else to see.  There really isn't room for a bathtub, if you leave it as it was designed.  The bathroom walls snap into the floor.  However, there are a couple inches behind the bathroom.  You might be able to push the entire bathroom back (if you don't snap it to the floor) and then you could fit a bathtub.  I didn't try it, so I'm not sure how well it would work.

I got the sets before I went to Kirkbean with my display last July and had them on show there. I have now put the house and cable car on to my Christmas Layout.
As I did not want the children to have to keep turning the cable car up and down I have fitted a motor to it. If a button is pushed it will start from the bottom station and go to the top. Stop there for a short while and then return to the bottom station and stop till the button is pushed again.
I have also built into the control unit a switch that will let it start again after a short time in case I require it to operate with out the push button.
Photos are on my web site of it on the web pages Christmas Layout and New Layout.
www.walts-playmobil-collection.me.uk

That's cool!  My 10 year old has been thinking about hooking up a motor to it after we saw a video where someone did it on youtube.  Love the Christmas layout that you made. Fun!!

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 14:56:23 »
Wow, the cable car looks awesome! I need one of those to connect my tabletop city and the rest of my Playmobil on the floor! Thanks for the review! :)
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2015, 13:04:46 »
Nice review.

I really like the lodge, and would like to buy one to use as an inn in my western, knight and pirate themes. Do you guys think it would fit in?

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2015, 13:09:26 »
It all depends on how your little scene is set up. There is a deck portion of it that wouldn't work well... But the building itself would be adaptable, the deck portion just makes the footprint large and awkward.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2015, 21:06:36 »
Very nice sets :) I like the Klickies in those sets particularly the Rescue guy and the girl in the yellow top. The cable car sound as though it works well and looks good. The lodge is a really nice looking building compact but, well laid out the top floor has the feel of a hostel to me with the sleeping mats and I really like how on the outside there's a barn area for the animals attached and I like some of the accessories like the food stuff. 

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2015, 09:37:46 »
The more I look at these sets and the more I love them  :love: :love: :love:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.