Author Topic: Custom Baldie  (Read 968 times)

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
Custom Baldie
« on: December 07, 2013, 22:42:01 »
Hey guys I've got to admit the one thing I didn't like about the bald heads was that they all had bandannas/headbands? which for me who likes to do figures that resemble people I know in real life  presents a bit of aproblem as none of the bald people I know have ever worn a bandanna probably because it's not really a good look. So I decided to have a go at doing a custom bald head which I've had ready for quite some time until I got hold of the right parts. Thanks to Tahra Mini Scott arrived home bearing great Playmobil riches including the parts to make Mini Dave who is based around one of the guys at BTCV who was volunteering there since I started and about this time last year took over the role of Project Leader.  I showed Dave a photo of him ...

I'm not sure whether he was happy because he likes the look of him or whether he was trying to say "ahh what do you mean you're going to turn me into a baldie?!"

I quickly set to work customising his torso to look like his trademark outfit covering the sides with some tape and then sanding off the design and applying some paint for his jumper. While I was waiting for this to dry I decided to try out some of his parts on another figure. I painted the hair by applying a small amount of paint to the very end of a skewer and applying it in small streaks so that it looked realistic.

All varnished and dry he's ready to be assembled and get out and about with the rest of the gang

I've got to be honest for a long time after I finished the head I thought it was going to look really rubbish and unnatural because the join between the top of the head and the face was quite obvious but, I think adding the hair effect really helped and now I feel quite affectionate towards the little fella, I'm planning to introduce him to the real Dave this week so I'd very much like to try and take a photo of the two of them together.