Author Topic: 5207 Transport Mega-Set Review  (Read 2231 times)

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
5207 Transport Mega-Set Review
« on: February 16, 2013, 00:09:47 »
Hello Everyone  :wave:,

I have recently bought the set 5207 and wanted to give a quick review of it.

It is much like the 5011 ADAC rescue set, except that instead the vehicles are labled "AC". The set consists of a minivan, a small SUV, a tow truck, and an airplane. The set came with 5 klickys. One being the AC truck driver, a male rescue tech team member, a female rescue tech team member, the injured klicky, and the airplane pilot.
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
Re: 5207 Transport Mega-Set Review
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 00:21:34 »
Today I will share some quick pictures showing some of the details of the AC rescue minivan.

The pictures demonstrate the side view of the van and the tire and the red hubcab.
The next two show the fuel tank and the van's emergency lights.

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 00:34:13 »
These couple last pics show the back view of the minivan. On one of the pictures it shows the trunk/ back door, where as you can see can fit the large crate box.

In the other two pictures, I was showing a close up detail of the lights and the backseats. The set of seats in the back are foldable so when wanting to transport any object larger than the size of the regular trunk.

Well that's it for now, hope you enjoyed.

Julian  :)

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 02:17:20 »
Thanks for the review, Julian.  The crew is very sharp looking and the mini van has some really neat features.  Can you actually get a klicky in the front seats?  I like the way the hatch opens and the rear seats fold down.  ;)
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 02:39:24 »
Thanks for the review, Julian.  The livery on that van is very smart and would (with minor changes, i.e. getting rid of the globe logo) make a good fire vehicle livery.  Maybe they will come up with something like that on the next range of fire engines.

The folding back seat is very clever and prototypical.

The red hubcaps have been used on another vehicle and look very smart on the 4020 and 4021 fire engines (I've upgraded all mine by fitting them.)

The van has been used in a number of sets already, most recently as a children's ambulance.

Look forward to the rest of the review.

I take it that this is a US only set, btw.  A search on Google suggests not, but it doesn't appear on the UK site.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”