Author Topic: Questions about the 5261.  (Read 1991 times)

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
Questions about the 5261.
« on: January 07, 2013, 01:43:09 »
Recently having purchased the 4310, I'd love to expand my PM aircraft collection with the 5261. Is it solely a freighter or can it be converted to carry passengers? If so, does it include seats styled like the ones from PM's previous airliner, which can be removed, for cargo use, or added, for commercial use?

Relying only on exterior looks, I'd love to buy this set. It seems much more realistic as a twin-engined jet than the 4310, which looked very odd with four engines, given it's size. Anyways, I don't want to base my purchase on the plane's outward appearance, as nice as it looks, so any information would be appreciated! :)

Thanks,
PlaymoMan :wave:
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline Clong

• playmo emt
  • Playmo Addict
Re: Questions about the 5261.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 04:03:00 »

Offline surfergirl

• PCC Member
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 16:11:37 »
Hi Playmoman,

The aircraft is great. Just like the 4310 it can be used as a passenger aircraft, a cargo aircraft, or both. The internal set up is very similar to the 4310 except its back to front. Where the cargo went in the back of the 4310, it goes in the nose of this one. Internally , a toilet cubicle and 5 seats are provided. The seats are the same style as those of the 4310 too. I did find it very hard trying to clip in the windows though...I don't remember that being so hard with any of the predecessors.

My only complaint with this set is that the control tower is included. I have duplicates of both the other styles of passenger plane and am put off buying duplicates of this one because each time I will be paying extra for a control tower building that I won't need. That said....it is a very nice control tower.

Claire  :wave:
I wish I lived in Germany!

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 17:37:00 »
The instructions are downloadable from the official site, so you can go and have a look inside for yourself!
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!