Author Topic: Visit to the barn  (Read 3913 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Visit to the barn
« on: November 03, 2012, 01:49:18 »
I have not been to the upstairs of our barn for a few months. I finally felt the overall desire to clean up a bit before winter set in. I vacuumed up spider webs, wasp nests, sometimes birds try to build in there, rats try to use it and have to be rounded up, and a stray kid finds himself in there having a jolly time.

The table has not been changed and I am not sure what to do with it, take it down, picture story, or something else. The kids are bored with the dio and I lost interest in setting it up after so many months.

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: Visit to the barn
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 01:56:14 »
It looks great, though a bit dusty. :lol: You could try to incorporate it into some other setup.
~Pynedor~

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 02:02:06 »
It looks great, though a bit dusty. :lol: You could try to incorporate it into some other setup.

Yes it does get dusty up there  :-[  I just do not have that much room elsewhere, you will see the mess.

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 02:06:02 »
so here is the third level of this side of the barn. The dio table in the middle on the East and this three level area on the middle West

Not much has changed but things have been taken down, used, played with and returned so this would basically be our home port for the ships. I have not counted how many of which ones.

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 11:50:43 »
This is such a great space, Ras.  I would have trouble taking that dio down.  :'( I have the same problem with dust accumulation.  Have considered spraying the cats with endust as they get everywhere.  Could you use any portion of this with your upcoming display?  Maybe with some new additions. 
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 13:24:02 »
Wow. You have a lot of ships! :o
~Pynedor~

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 16:32:40 »
Wow, that's one very impressive collection!

Wow. You have a lot of ships! :o

Ditto, I've never seen that many before! :o
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 15:50:04 »
Cleaning up and maybe isolating the barn a bit better so theres no birds and rats around there might be a good first step. Wouldnt want poor clickies to get frightened by such monsters.

It certainly is a wonderfull place, maybe its best to start fresh on a new set up after dusting it all off.  :)

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 16:20:32 »
.... and a stray kid finds himself in there having a jolly time.

That stray kid is you, Ras?  ;D

I have to agree, I also would recommend trying to patch some holes (if that is possible in a barn...) and try to get a closed "room" without rodent and dust problems. It is a pity to see all the nice Playmobil covered in a layer of grey-brownish dust. Must be hard to clean the canopies of the market stands...

Cheers,
HDL

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 17:04:04 »
Wow!!!! Amazing collection, so many ships you have there, Well done Ras.

George.
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!