Poll

Which completely new theme would you want the most?

Ancient Greece.
17 (50%)
Late medieval Japan.
8 (23.5%)
India.
5 (14.7%)
Ancient China.
2 (5.9%)
Middle Eastern.
2 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Which new theme would you prefer?  (Read 4270 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Which new theme would you prefer?
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 19:55:45 »
Ah yes ancient greece! Trojan warriors, mycenean warriors, hercules, a sater, the hydra, a cyclop, centaurs, medusa klicky  :love:.....

What he said. Not something that needs even a blink of thought  :love:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 20:39:45 »
Ancient Greece it is!

However, all themes would be most welcome in my eyes!!!

Although, I have a little background story to tell you and, in a way, its a dissapointing one...

A couple of years ago, I spoke with a toy shop owner here in my city and he spoke to me about the seminars Playmobil is hosting for retailers. Apart from Playmobil suggesting to retailers how to promote their toys best, they also ask for feedback... feedback on sales, on people's attitude towards certain themes etc etc... Retailers proposed for an ancient greek theme to be introduced but Playmobil's responce was negative because, at least at that time, right after the Roman theme was out, which we all know it not had much of an appeal to the younger audience, such a theme would not be marketable.. in other words, Playmobil feels that an ancient greek theme would not be profitable for them to produce and put on toyshop shelves... somehow, that is what their research has concluded a couple of years ago...

But, the same was argued about the western theme a few years ago and now we have a ner re-introduced western series... so you never know...

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 20:45:00 »
so who was the other who voted for India?  ;D
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 20:47:05 »
AFAIK, Hans Beck always put Greeks and Romans as a no-go, because kids who started into that were about getting out of playmorange (hey, the man had to be COMPLETELY wrong SOMETIME)...

It's a very silly notion. I think it's beyond silly to put a max age on the packages. They don't like money. Some kids actually will NOT want it, since they're SOOOO grown up, and wouldn't be seen with it.... (they'll probably play with their younger siblings/cousins/friends stuff!) Same with some adults... (who will use that unfortunately common excuse of buying for some kid)...

Their loss. But still a couple less sets sold.

Anyways, seeing playmobil doing just about everything Hans said no to... there's hope, right?

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 20:47:44 »

I guess Rhalius himself.
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 20:54:09 »

Although, I have a little background story to tell you and, in a way, its a dissapointing one..
A couple of years ago, I spoke with a toy shop owner here in my city and he spoke to me about the seminars Playmobil is hosting for retailers. Apart from Playmobil suggesting to retailers how to promote their toys best, they also ask for feedback... feedback on sales, on people's attitude towards certain themes etc etc... Retailers proposed for an ancient greek theme to be introduced but Playmobil's responce was negative because, at least at that time, right after the Roman theme was out, which we all know it not had much of an appeal to the younger audience, such a theme would not be marketable.. in other words, Playmobil feels that an ancient greek theme would not be profitable for them to produce and put on toyshop shelves... somehow, that is what their research has concluded a couple of years ago...

But, the same was argued about the western theme a few years ago and now we have a ner re-introduced western series... so you never know...

And after the romans the prehistoric cavemen theme was brought out, who would have thought that! All 'important' historic themes are on the scene IMO (I know we could argue about this), so the Greek has to be marketed!
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 21:11:58 »

I just voted for India so I make three. I think that could be a fun and colorful theme, and could easily center around something besides warriors. Of course the others could too, but looking at playmobil's recent trends it seems everything is warriors.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 21:22:06 »
I voted for the greek theme myself, it just has many possibilities.

All themes do of course, but with ancient greece you can not only have the armies of hoplites, but also mythology, philosophers, the olympics, the theatre and many other things.

Perhaps Rome 2 total war will help boost the popularity of the classical period, maybe causing some games and movies to use this period as well.
It's going to be a pretty big release after all, and likely the most anticipated game of the series considering the huge popularity of the original.

Offline retronio22

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 22:40:08 »
I would like ancient monuments like Parthenon,also some Greek statues, ancient men and women with white dresses,and a house with ancient decoration!

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 22:45:57 »
Hahaha, of course Ancient Greece would come with some nice parts, but I would much prefer a Middle Eastern theme, assuming of course that it would be a Medieval or earlier based theme (which I'm sure is what Rhalius meant). :lol:

I wonder why the Ancient Greece theme has the most votes... :lol:
~Pynedor~