Author Topic: 5987 Christmas carring case  (Read 4704 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
5987 Christmas carring case
« on: August 11, 2012, 19:49:05 »
Christmas carring case is nothing to special but here it is anyways. It has the typical items for a small toy workshop.

front image

back image

bags

parts

set up

Santa w/chrome glasses, I sure would like to know how they print chrome?

I did find a few items I we do not have yet, the sitting down orange doll, the book and the large toy fish. We actually did get a few dozen fish the other day but had no idea it was normal playmobil. I thought it was a 123 sure to chock your kid item and did not figure it was for the normal playmo. 

oddities or dislikes..
If it is for kids in the US please spell correctly, Juli in America it is spelt July
It is a common dislike in America that Christmas is marketed in summer, instead of July in the book put Nov. or Dec.
Why not make the Elf a diffrent color, red, purple, pink, yellow anything festive but we have plenty of orange and green Elfs
The cases used to be $10, no increase in parts and now they are $14
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: 5987 Christmas carring case
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 21:00:41 »
It looks like a cool set to me! :) Thanks for the review.
~Pynedor~

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 21:14:36 »
$14 is pretty steep... I got one here in New York yesterday for $10.99... and Santa Claus is German so I supposed he is allowed to write in German  ;) and make toys all year... I can't begrudge him that... especially since I buy them all year  :lol:
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 21:29:40 »
$14 is pretty steep... I got one here in New York yesterday for $10.99... and Santa Claus is German so I supposed he is allowed to write in German  ;) and make toys all year... I can't begrudge him that... especially since I buy them all year  :lol:

maybe I read the recipt wrong ???
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 22:46:10 »
It looks like a cool set to me! :) Thanks for the review.

I agree. It's a very nice set for me too. I like it vert much. :love:
Many thanks for the review.

George.
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline toyologist

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 22:52:40 »
I want this! I was just in my TRU this afternoon and they still don't have it!

I may be wrong, but I think the red fish came with one of the wading pools. It looks very familiar. Also, the sitting doll was in a recent Christmas set -- the market place maybe. Maybe it wasn't yellow.

Thanks for the pics Ras. I'll wait for a sale to strike, but I'll get it by and by.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 02:00:19 »
It's 10.99 at my TRU, too. Thanks for the review. I noticed that the book said "Juli" too, and I assume they were thinking of the whole christmas in July thing that is so popular right now. In fact I'm sure that's supposed to be the whole point of this set. It was after all a Christmas set released in July, though it seems to have hit stores a bit late (typical). They could have spelled it right, though.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 06:25:38 »
Lots of interesting parts in this set. Perhaps they could include two elves in the carrying case...
Thanks for the pics and review, Ras!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 12:26:51 »
Love the set!  :love:

Juli is July in German.... maybe it is not an USA exclusive but a TRU novelty. There are TRU all over Eurpe too, right? So they made it in germany and was released first in USA, where TRU originally is from.... just assumptions.  :hmm:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 12:28:26 »
I like that it's in German. Cute set!