Author Topic: KIRKBEAN 2012 - TASTER PHOTOS  (Read 3746 times)

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
KIRKBEAN 2012 - TASTER PHOTOS
« on: August 03, 2012, 20:46:45 »
It's a week since the exhibition and I'm still trying to sort things out.
It was a fantastic weekend, very well attended and thoroughly enjoyed by all.

I was joined by Gordon and his wife Diane who set up a fantastic 12' x 8' display of Beachtown and Seaport Railway and by Walter and his wife Marion who brought along a small harbour display they had and a special play area which was a great success and enjoyed by many children, leaving their parents to enjoy refreshments in peace!
My 15 year old son Will (Skypurr Jnr.) also built a great underwater display.

I took on the task of building the other displays; 8' x 4 ' displays of Space, Pop in the Park, A Victorian Park, Vikings and Sea Monsters, Arctic and Gulliver in Lilliput, also two 12' x 8' displays of Hogwarts and Hogsmeade and A Zoo/Safari Park.

It was a hectic last 24 hours but we managed to finish just in time for opening at 11am Saturday.  The crowds arrived and continued to pour in for the three days we were open. 
There will be a few expenses for wood/boards and refreshments, but takings were more than double last year at a staggering £1,475.00  :o all of which will go to the Village Hall funds.

A big thank you therefore goes to Gordon, Diane, Walter, Marion, Will, James (my older son) and Sandy (my long suffering husband) for all their help.

We had visits from other Playmofriends; mobildad, who was working in the area and from Playmofirth who was on holiday here.

I'll post photos first of each display area then more detailed photos of each.  There are lots of photos and I couldn't decide which to use, so bear with me.

First, Hogwarts (a slightly larger version with more towers and different layout to Hogsmeade:

Gulliver: (Thank you to Macgayver who was happy for me to copy his idea, and to Playmobil for the figure  :))

Arctic: 

Space:

Pop in the Park: (This was James' idea - the pop group was The Saturdays!)

A Victorian Park:

Vikings:  (Again, thank you to Gary (Sir Gareth) for allowing me to base this on a  great display he did at Knaresborough in 2011)

Zoo/Safari Park:

Gordon's Beachtown and Seaport display: (I'll let Gordon post more detailed photos of this)

Under the Sea:

Walter's Harbour:

the play area:

I'll post the detailed photos as seperate threads soon.

The grandson of one of our committee members asked if he could set up his circus tent so he put that on display on Monday.

A lady with two teenage daughters approached me about setting up a display next year with their own Playmobil so that will be great, the offer is also open to anyone else who wants to join us. 

I'm already thinking of ideas for Kirkbean 2013  ::) I had to shelve the Fairy tale and gymnastic displays due to lack of space and time so they can be carried forward to next year.  Any other suggestions gratefully received  :lol:

Elaine

« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 12:24:28 by skypurr »
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: KIRKBEAN 2012 - PHOTOS
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 21:16:08 »
Beautiful displays as always, Elaine! Thank you for these pictures!! great to see that so many people, including playmofriends ;D

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 22:34:00 »
It looks totally awesome, skypurr! I can't wait to see the more detailed pictures. :) And it's great that you found some more people interested in setting up some displays for next year.
~Pynedor~

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 06:31:27 »
Great "tasters", Elaine.   I'll try and get some photos up this weekend of the train layout.  I had hoped to do so yesterday, but the day didn't go as planned!   :(
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 08:33:40 »
Looks magnificent! Have to go see an expedition one time.
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 08:47:16 »
Wonderful expo with very nice themes and pictures Elaine.
Many thanks for sharing.

George. :)
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: KIRKBEAN 2012 - TASTER PHOTOS
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 15:09:06 »
Great looking displays Elaine, I'm glad it was such a success. I think it will just get bigger and bigger as you keep doing it.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 02:10:36 »
Looks great so far! Can't wait to see more pics of the zoo especially! :love:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2012, 05:24:24 »
that guliver display looks cool!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 19:40:11 »
looks like it is comming together very nicely. Thanks for the pre-pictures
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: