Author Topic: Waiting for new purchase  (Read 24369 times)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
Re: Waiting for new purchase
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2013, 00:51:19 »
Found 4247 (grave robbers?) at Tuesday Morning. So now my wise men can have 3 camels, instead of just the one. I guess the figures could be their servants or something.

ETA: So it seems the camels are a bit bigger than the old one. I didn't know they changed the mold.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 10:40:32 by Ismene »

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2013, 10:47:17 »
Some new townsfolk...

the classroom - mostly complete - I've been wanting this set for decades.
the blue sailor boy - the sticker for the hat was peeling, so I've put it in a safe place until I figure out the best way to reglue it.

the captain - I'd like to make him more Victorian, if possible. The radio needs to go. I might need to try and find a spare head as well.
the queen - I think she has the wrong hair, but I love the color of her dress.
the magnificent lady - I hope I can find the umbrella.

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2013, 11:38:38 »
Very nice figures. The captain is my favorite and I don't have him.
You must find the umbrella for the lady, indeed. It's a very nice accessories.
The classroom is fantastic with great small figures, well done.
Many thanks for sharing.

George. :)
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2013, 15:57:34 »
Very nice purchases, that sailor boy is quite nice and I do wish they would make more kids in themed rolls like that
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2013, 03:39:34 »
Very nice figures. The captain is my favorite and I don't have him.
I almost didn't get him since modern isn't my theme. But he has a great outfit.

Very nice purchases, that sailor boy is quite nice and I do wish they would make more kids in themed rolls like that
He is really one of the more interesting of the child klickies. I hope I can get the white one at a good price as well.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2013, 10:12:46 »
A small misunderstanding...

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2013, 12:54:56 »
The Take Along Theater caught my eye ages ago, but I didn't get it for a long time because it's a Take Along and as we all know, Take Alongs are useless for dioramas. However, with the Last Chance sale, I couldn't resist any longer, even if the theater itself mostly gets used as storage.

+ The cast of characters for this set is superb and ultimately my reason for getting it. My favorite is the harlequin jester figure - I would love to have a full Commedia dell'arte cast! The policeman is a close second, and even the sausage "thief" has a certain charm. The props are a good selection, though you'd probably want some Victorian or fairy tale furniture for indoors scenes. I'm not sure I quite understand the gigantesque yellow box (surprise for the policeman's birthday?).

- The downside to this set is, of course, that it's a Take Along. I would have bought it when I first saw it, if it were a realistic, historical theater. But as it is, the outside is very clunky and plain. The format also necessitates a rather narrow stage. However, as a Take Along, I think it does well. They designed it around portability. There are footholds in the back to "lock in" klickies, as well as pockets for accessories. The sound box (and the big yellow box) tuck nicely below stage. I would have loved it as a kid.

So overall, sadly a Take Along, but the best of the Take Alongs.

In this order, I also got:

6222 Bedroom Furniture - A very cute traditional style bedroom. I like the lamps and the flower details. I wish the blankets/top sheets were a different color. My major complaint though is that they took out the chamber pots!!!

6244 Lounge - An assemblage of recycled parts. I got this set simply because I don't know when we'll see more Victorian furniture, and I wanted some to fill in rooms when necessary. The couch is rather nice, but I feel a bit cheated that there are only two dining chairs.

7632 Deciduous Trees - I bought two sets. Eh, they're trees. Need I say more?

As a bonus... the multi-set girl - a nice selection of accessories. I rather like the cat box and the xylophone. But do we really need another blond princess in a pink dress? I love her dress, but I want it in blue or purple or green or mustard yellow... really any other color would do.   

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2013, 08:59:55 »
More photos

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2013, 02:07:38 »
Couldn't resist getting this lot.  :-[

They're all in excellent condition, minus a touch of storage scent (a few days of airing out should fix that) and the ends of the kiosk sticker might need a touch of glue. Must have belonged to a collector or a very gentle child.

ETA: Review of the Pretzel Vendor here: http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=12619.0
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 07:33:56 by Ismene »

Offline JackDaniels

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2013, 07:27:55 »
Thats the problem.....to much out there that is collectobil(pardon the spelling) Do you first wash them, if so just in a washing machine?

Nice purchase

Jack