Author Topic: New purchases.  (Read 19824 times)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
Re: New purchases.
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2014, 14:27:46 »
The centurion is on his way to prepare his troops for the big game.

Centurion: "Alright men! Make sure to stay alert! give the people the feeling that things might get out of hand any moment! We need to stand ready in case the audience gets bored. You all know the drill. We move in to fight against the gladiators, pretend to get overpowered before we bravely defeat the gladiators and show the emperor his troops are strongest."

And the games begin! a newcomer makes his debut in the arena as well!

He keeps smiling, happy about being given a chance in a starring role of today's show.

Around him, the battles have already begun.

The underdog fights the bad guy, the red gladiator runs away from the animals and the yellow gladiator is challenging the menacing soldier on his chariot!

The green gladiator defeats the blue gladiator.

Roman boy: "yeah! take that bad guy!"
Roman girl: "How do you know he is the bad guy?"
Roman boy: "He has red hair!"
Roman father: "Your uncle Lucius has red hair too."
Roman boy: "Yes, and he never gives us more than one cookie when we come over."

The yellow gladiator is close to defeating the soldier on the chariot, giving the audience quite a show.

Soldier: "Can I throw the spear now?"
Centurion: "No, only after the soldier is defeated. That way the gladiator has his hands free to catch the spear under his arm and portray a more dramatic death."

As the yellow gladiator "dies" a heroic death, the remaining ones face off in a final battle!

Announcer: "Look at that folks! This gladiator is so powerfull, he can command animals!"

But in the end, only one remains! the underdog wins the battle, despite all odds! The emperor and the people are very happy with the show!

The newcomer whispers: "How long are we supposed to keep laying here like this?"
Red gladiator: "Just lay still. the soldiers will first carry out the animals, then us."
Newcomer: "Oh I get it, to give the people the idea we are lower than the animals?"
Red gladiator: "Well yes, also they can't play dead as long as we can. Welcome to the show by the way, it was a pleasure working with you!"
Newcomer: "And with you, I look forward to perform many more shows together!"

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2014, 15:16:19 »
Great, great story!  Wonderful ideas!

That arena looks very nice, close up.  I like those spikes on the chariot wheels too.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2014, 17:28:31 »
AWESOME. :wow:

My kind of playmostory - nobody gets hurt.

Great story, great posing, and.. ROMANS. :)  :love:

Thanks!

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2014, 21:05:34 »
Nice purchases I really like the bald headed Pirate and those Knights look much better in the flesh particularly the green and gold one and the blue Lion  really nice emblem on him, the worn effect on the red knights armour also looks good.

That Roman story is really good and funny in places a great way of introducing all the new stuff they all look nice I think the green and blue gladiators look particulalry good as well as the little boy with his shield and the soldiers, I like the looks on all their faces some of them look a bit nervuos glancing round. The arena itself seems to have plenty of space for setting up scenes and the blue chariot has a nice design.   

Like the story about the orange classic Klicky what a lucky find I really like him he's got a nice face, I remember finding a Pirate Klicky on my way home I kept looking at him and seeing that no one wanted him so one day I attempted rescue on my way home he had muck in all sorts of fiddly places as well. Also made me smile about him liking beer I'm sure he'd like a mug of medieval ale  ;) :**: one of my figures Dave is often photographed looking very happy with a bottle or two of ale since his real life counterpart has a love of good ale particularly good cider  ;D.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2014, 23:00:04 »
Great story, I really like the director, she must have a frustrating job some days. Congratulations on all the great Romans, its a wonderful theme.

Offline Mr Raven

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2014, 05:19:24 »
I like the way you introduce new purchases.  :) Great story, now we know what really happened at the roman arenas back then. I like the idea of the soldiers on standby too.
When thinking outside the box you make the greatest things happen.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2014, 07:45:14 »
 :lol:  Great story! The director who interrupts the fight and that guy who is petting the lion, very funny  ;D

The arena is a beautiful piece, and I'm a big fan of the Roman family set.
They should really expand the Roman theme with some regular buildings.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2014, 08:52:14 »
Thanks everyone!

@Tahra, I prefer to keep violence to a minimum, the idea here was to make it a bit like wrestling as well as kind of a reference to the roles of the clickies themselves. One day the bad guy, another day the hero. Whatever role is assigned to them. They might "die" many times during play only to return to the same or a different role the next day.

@DrDalek6, Quite happy with the knights myself too, and the bald pirate is my favorite of the bunch.  :) Too many fancy pirates in recent years, I prefer the shoddy looking ones. The new knights play a small part in my knights stories as well.
And yes, its nice to have a clicky with a story behind them. Maybe I'll start giving the guy cameo appearances in my stories, always drinking ale.  :lol:
Nice that you gave a down on his luck pirate clicky a new home as well, at least he did not turn to booze to forget his troubles.  ;D

And the director is my personal favirote character too here, it was a lot of fun making this short story. Took perhaps little over an hour to take all the pictures since the story practicly wrote itself.

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2014, 14:17:27 »
Great story, indeed this is a fantastic way to introduce new purchases. The Romans are a fantastic theme, very nice buys. :)
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2014, 14:19:56 »
Awesome pictures and story, Rhalius! You've got quite a good number of figures from the Roman theme now.
~Pynedor~