Author Topic: Predictions about 2013-2014 sets  (Read 21266 times)

Offline retronio22

• Playmo Lover
Predictions about 2013-2014 sets
« on: June 06, 2012, 16:47:27 »
I start a new topic in which,we will say what kind of new sets we want,or what we think that it will be release.First of all,in 2010 many rumors were existed about upcoming sets,that they were confirmed at the most part (eg : future planet,hotel,western etc).But it was also rumored that a new victorian theme would be released (or a reissue of the old one).
So,for the upcoming sets,I want only few and good sets!A new victorian house in System X,with 6-7 rooms,at the same type of furniture with the old ones (but different colors).I want also many victorian small sets/figures,such as men/women/children but with collars and necklaces able to be removed,and with the old type of hair/hats!In addition I want victorian shops,like candy shop,women boutique,restaurant,and the re-release of the royal pavillion.It would be great also if some victorian jobs would be reissued such as painter,photographer,florist,with different colors.
For the other sets,I think that they don't need to be reissued the sets (while I've heard that a new hospital and a new modern house will be released,).I would like a royal kitchen and a royal living room (including the sofa,that is included only in 5142, especially for someone who like the sofa but they can't afford to buy the whole magic castle).
I would prefer more,small sets,with 2-4 figures such as families (family with swimming clothes,other family with pyjamas)figures from jobs etc,with the ability to be dissassembled!Double faced figures with one side normal faces,and the other side closing eyes,would be a great idea!That's all for me!!!!!!

Offline Markassius

• Future Knight
  • Playmo Enthusiast
  • Knights and Future, what a combo
    • My collection
Re: Predictions about 2013-2014 sets
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 17:50:58 »
Nice topic.

I would like to see a second wave of Future Planet, just like they did a second wave for Agents.
It's OK to panic, as long as you follow the correct procedure

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 18:03:40 »
I'm hoping to see an Australian outback theme, with some new australian animals, like a cassowary, emu, platypus, dingo, and wombat. They've done african safari, and european forest themes, now let's see another continent!

Also would still loooove to see a state fair theme with a ferris wheel, carousel, small roller coaster, dunking booth, and cotton candy vendors.

Another prediction I've heard a few times is a subway train, which would be cool to finally get, as well as an ancient greek theme, and an oriental theme. An Indian theme might be great too, complete with klickys in traditional Indian garb. From India, I mean, not native american.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 18:46:38 »
Nice topic indeed. :)9 :)9
The last years we have seen a lot of Chinese figures from playmobil and i think that it's time for a theme from China, it would be perfect for me.
I would like also, a theme from Ancient Greece and why not something with Troy and Trojan horse, or with Acropolis. ;)

George. :)
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 20:31:19 »
I am predicting an updated (RC on plastic track style) Western Train and a DS release of the Colorado Springs station... Western Theme is going to sell like hot-cakes and will be expanded accordingly.

We should also be seeing some Middle Ages peasant-type sets... Look for a mill (whether it is a windmill or watermill I don't know), a generic house, a plow with a yoke of oxen, and a blacksmith. All buildings will be thatched roofs...

There will absolutely be an expansion of Future Planet. Space laboratory/telescope with ceiling hook (yeah it will be cool) and a barracks type building that most of us will use as a house in our space colonies.

The "History" Theme will see a new set of characters from Asia, we will get Chinese and Japanese sets in the same Theme much like we got 2 kinds of cavemen in the Stone-age line. There will be a Chinese palace and Japanese Castle. A fishing ship based on the Egyptian barge but with oriental sails and a cabin. A jade dragon "garden" will also be featured with the Chinese Empress and attendants (like the Sphinx set but with a Jade dragon on a Green base-plate)

City Life will see a reintroduction of some playground equipment but not much beyond that this year, perhaps a Full eat in restaurant to go with the Hotel theme though.

Production issues may delay at least for another year the characters from Greek mythology like the Minotaur and Medusa, but they will be along for 2014 as the History Theme expands to History and Myth to make it more exciting for the children (this line will also have Dwarfs and a Giant... though only 2-3 times normal klicky size)

Finally the princess castle line will expand slightly with a freestanding Rapunzel tower that can be attached to the Castle or stand alone.

If I am right I am going to be poor indeed  ;D but OH SO HAPPY  ;)
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 20:40:33 »
Baron Marshall, those predictions sound great, but how are you so certain? :lol:
~Pynedor~

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 20:50:06 »
Baron Marshall, those predictions sound great, but how are you so certain? :lol:

You have to say it authoritatively for it to happen... that and follow trends in movies, tv, toys, and business. Kids are the market and TV and Movies are what get them excited to get toys. Discerning parents will choose Playmobil alternatives to the low quality official merchandise and that is where the money is made. BTW ceiling space station will also glow in the dark...it, or another set, could also project a star pattern. Parents buy these all the time for their kids, might as well be something they can play with too.

If Playmobil HR people are monitoring I am available to head up R&D or Marketing (both preferred) :lol:
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 21:45:11 »
Kind of hoping for a new batch of medieval myself..

Hopefully with a few more civilians and a different focus than just having the big castle for the good guys and the smaller castle for the bad guys, some soldier sets and nothing else.

Maybe some new forestmen might be nice.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 22:16:00 »
A new addition to the western theme would be nice too...focusing more on daily life (farm house, general store, etc) rather than cowboys versus indians. And of course, lots of women and children both for the townsfolk and the indians.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline PlaymoFrankJon

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 16:25:02 »
If you read on Wikipidea the Playmobil page , it says that tv is coming back & some more :D