Author Topic: Hello? Hello? Are we on the air?  (Read 9927 times)

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
Hello? Hello? Are we on the air?
« on: November 09, 2005, 22:49:43 »
:wave:

Hello? Oh, yes, we're finally open! What an exciting day for me and my Co-Founder, Moderator, Adminstrator, and Mascot er...Maestro that is! (You'll meet them later I'm sure...they're rather hard to miss. ;) )

Well, about me...OK, I've been hooked on Playmobil for a little over three years now. Ever since the fateful day I happened to purchase a shoebox of old klickies (and two horses) in a mixed lot of toys for the the preschoolers I work with. (Sorry, I have no young kids of my own to blame my addition on...but the up side of that is I don't have to share my toys too often!  8-) )

So, where was I?  ??? Oh yes...I looked in the box and said to myself "Self, where have I seen these little guys before?"  I was fascinated and I cannot to this day tell you why. Something about the klicky smile and the funky old style horse I think? Anyway, not long after I saw an amazing display of Playmo in a shop window. It was the holiday season and I stood with my nose to the glass along with a pack of similarly smitten children. Finally I got the nerve to go into the store, found their Playmobil aisle, and the rest is history ;D (as is my life savings!  :-[)

On the personal front, my "real name" is Diana (feel free to call me that) and I was raised in Oklahoma and Arkansas but have lived many years now in Washington State in the beautiful Northwest of the U.S.  In my "day job" I work with kids with disabilities and am a professor at the local university part time. I have a kind and gentle husband and a brilliant and adventuresome grown daughter named Chelsea who is headed to The Gambia with the Peace Corp this January. (You'll be hearing about her as I love to brag about my kid. Feel free to ignore me, you know how us mom's can be.  ::)) I also share my home with three utterly ridiculous cats and one very sincere semi-tame squirrel named Rocky.

For fun I read, enjoy movies and dance, gardening and hiking, and just having fun with my Playmobil collection (which is now obscenely large!) My favorite themes are the Circus  ;D, Magic, Medieval, anything with animals, and the funky sets like the bank robbers and such. I also like collecting misc. Playmo items like catalogues and have a near complete MIB specials collection. Ok, let's be honest, I pretty much like it all.  ;D I am learning to make better photos and dioramas and photo stories (from our talented Administrator and Milliput Maestro) and will be sharing those with you guys soon.

Here at PlaymoFriends I'll be serving with Meg as Co-Founder and Moderator if you should have any questions or need any assistance. This is my first time to help found an internet site but I've very much been enjoying working with Sylvia, Guarrenzino, Meg, and Serenity...good friends and Playmo Gurus all!  :D I've given them a few laughs over my User Id--having changed it about 5 times--but have finally settled on Psyche, the curious lass from mythology whose quest involved many trials and tribulations before she lived happily (and immortally!) ever after.  ;)

I look forward to making many more good friends and sharing my love of Playmobil with members here as we grow into a community together. :)
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: Hello? Hello? Are we on the air?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 01:42:26 »
... yes, I do believe we are... on the air, that is. ;)

Nice reading your intro, Diana. I especially enjoyed the part about you having your nose pressed against the glass, gazing at a Playmo display. I'm sure many of us have found ourselves in similar situations. :)

And I really do like your FINAL choice of username - Psyche. :P It was my favourite from the beginning. ;D

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 10:56:46 »
Hi Diana!

Don't worry, even if my kid is in the right age, this is not a good excuse for having tons
of playmo. To justify this in a reasonable manner, I would have to be the manager of a
whole chain of orphanages that are specialized in preeducation using playmo...  :D

Looking forward to see your photos...

May I ask for the other IDs, please?  ;)

best regards,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 13:08:07 »
Let see, Psyche was having an Identity crisis.

i will try to remember the names, in their proper order.

Diana
Psyche
Inara
Psyche
Taralyn
Psyche
Kataja
Psyche

but her avatar remained, so that made it easier.
I think the evidence of her crisis was erased before the board went public.
It wasnt necessary for others to know.

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 13:36:17 »
But there have been something like a trend towards psyche after all...  ;)

psyche, I like your avatar btw.
 :)

socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 15:30:19 »
I think the evidence of her crisis was erased before the board went public.

I think there might be a few little hints of it still. If you edit one of your own posts while your name is changed to something other than your current name, it shows up in the fine print at the bottom.

Btw, if you wonder why there are so many empty ID numbers in the members list, these were test accounts that I created while checking the registration process was working: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15... and 17. *Ahem* It took quite a lot of testing, as you can see. 8}

And this is me too: [possum]

I decided not to delete that one as I can use it when I need to see what the forum looks like through the eyes of a regular member without all the extra buttons and stuff. :-[

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 17:30:16 »
Glad you like Psyche Socrates! It just fit the best (what does that say???)  Our Maestro (David) made my avatar (with guidlelines of course and I love her! I've always been a fan of the pink clown's gold torso...if that makes any sense!

Yes, a whole chain of orphanages might do the job! As long as I get to play too.  :D

Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2005, 23:06:37 »
...and the rest is history ;D (as is my life savings!  :-[)

:lol: :lol: Don't you worry, money come and money go  :)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2005, 10:17:32 »
Hi  Diana  :wave:

Thank you for all your hard work on the new site it is very much appreciated  :)9. It was a pleasure to learn a bit more about you. Even though we have been in touch for a while now there were things in your introduction i had not seen before. I am really looking forward to seeing some of your work, you have a good teacher in David and i am sure he has taught you some tricks of the trade !!

Regards  Tim  :)

(28/5/03/850)

Offline David

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2005, 11:45:35 »
First a very big thankyou for making this site possible Psyche. You with Sylvia, did by far the most to get us here :*)

You wrote, "I was fascinated and I cannot to this day tell you why."

That`s right! I´m the same. I can´t pass a shop window without staring and usually going in and coming out with at least a  `special.`

With all our other activities, it`s surprising that you´ve got time to be here at all ;D We`re very happy to have you!  ;)

Guarrenzino