Author Topic: DS order, UK and camper trailer 3236 expensive spare  (Read 3249 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
DS order, UK and camper trailer 3236 expensive spare
« on: March 14, 2012, 18:37:25 »
Just had a fantastic turnaround time (6 days from payment to receipt of order- which came from Germany) from UK DS. I have made orders for parts a few times in the past, but noticed the following things which seem to be new features this time:

1. Many parts names listed on the invoice were in English (only 5 out of 108 were in German)  :D
2. 4 parts were substitutes for the numbers I had ordered but all (except one- see below) were completely appropriate substitutions  :)
3. One part supplied as an 'automatic substitute' cost £15  8} (I ordered caravan (camper trailer) door 30 62 0850 - Door for camper trailer and received part number 30 67 0440 which is the caravan body 30 67 4640 - Body of camper trailer including the door. The door isn't available separately any more.  :(  I baulked at paying £15 for this as the whole set probably cost little more than £15 brand new and sold on ebay recently for £10. After several emails, DS agreed to 'restock' the item (accept the item's return in exchange for credit), but stressed this isn't normal practice. "We can offer you a credit note for the amount of £15.00 on this occasion, but
we do not normally refund on parts as we can not use them for resale" :)

I'm very pleased with the service overall, but am worried that future parts orders might contain such expensive items lurking in the total, to be discovered only on receipt of the parts and then not accepted for restocking. I think its vital to communicate courteously with DS staff (Caroline Hayward in this instance, who responded promptly to all my emails with great patience) and I don't want to be seen as a 'pain', but would it in future be reasonable to ask for details (before paying) of any individual item costing more than, say £5? That way I could get the item removed from the order before I pay and it is despatched.

(For anyone unfamiliar with the system it works like this- at least in the UK- 1. email spreadsheet (or phone through) listing part numbers and quantities, 2. Receive figure for total cost (and numbers of parts not available) 3. Pay e.g. by credit card, 4. DS send order through to Germany 5. You receive parts with list of what you are getting for the money you paid.)
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline naflibomyalp

• Playmo Lover
Re: DS order, UK and camper trailer 3236 expensive spare
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 18:47:10 »
I order through Caroline too and she is always very helpful and patient with my complicated questions.  :thanks:  ;)
However, I too wish we could have a breakdown before committing to pay because sometimes I have received parts that had I known were going to be so expensive I wouldn't have agreed to buying them. 
[img]

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 19:01:14 »
u normaly can send unused parts back. ask at the ds and they refund u the money

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 19:14:27 »
"We can offer you a credit note for the amount of £15.00 on this occasion, but we do not normally refund on parts as we can not use them for resale"

These were Caroline's words, so I think their policy is pretty clear!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 19:28:46 »
ok. i had never any problems.. maybe its because i ordert lots.. but u can normally ask for an invoice via email before u buy.. or is it not possible anymore?

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
    • Walts Playm0bil Collection
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 19:34:59 »
D.S in the U.K. will give you the cost of each item if you ask, or if you send an email ask what each item costs.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 19:36:54 »
In the past, I have returned items and got the amount credited to my credit card.  I returned something recently and I'll check my latest credit card statement and see if the amount has been credited.  In any case, I think you have the right to return here as Playnmobil has not provided what you ordered.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 20:04:33 »
D.S in the U.K. will give you the cost of each item if you ask, or if you send an email ask what each item costs.

Aha- that is certainly worth knowing- thanks Walts-Trains!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 20:26:21 »
That's interesting. In the US they always provide you with a total for what's available including the shipping amount, so if something like that comes up you can cancel it out of the order before paying. They never substitute, but do tell you if a number has changed.
I am surprised Germany is substituting parts for you without getting approval first.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 21:05:57 »
In past cases that I've been involved with, PM DS USA has either credited for the wrong item if it couldn't be supplied, or shipped the correct item with no additional charges. They have never requested that I return a wrong item, but then again I've never got an individual part for the price that camper door was either! :o
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!