Author Topic: Egg with hunter 4938 and egg with knight 4937  (Read 7724 times)

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
Egg with hunter 4938 and egg with knight 4937
« on: February 18, 2012, 09:52:21 »
When I checked playmobil.com some time ago, to check all the new sets, I noticed the egg with the hunter. The hunter isn't that great, but the animals that go along  :love: :love: :love: and especially the dachshund. Those funny little, stubborn, energetic dogs. The fact that I have three cats means there's no place for a real dachshund, but the playmoversion is no problem. :D

Here the set is still in "the egg" (Did not see the fun of the egg at first, but when you buy one and think of it as a little gift for a kid)

And here the egg is open.

:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
Re: Egg with hunter 4938 and egg with knight 4937
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 09:59:25 »
Now the important stuff, the contents.
A hunter kl icky, looks very cliche, then again how would he look like otherwise, little bambi and mother bambi, the dachshund, some squirrels. We have some mushrooms, a gun and a binocular. Great set, think it contains fair amount of accessories.

Pictures of the animals, I see now I forgot the little deer.  :wall:

And an overview of them all. (If someone wants more pics of some of the animals, just let me now)

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 10:16:32 »
And now the knight, unpacking from egg, stepp by step.

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 10:27:17 »
Again a set with quite some accessories. Due to the helmet and color combination this guy can join the ranks of the red dragon knights. His chainmail armor are great to, very good for customization, his legs too. A point for historical accuracy, none, his weapons are flaming swords and an accompanying axe! The red plastic is transparent, looks great in my opinion.
The holder for his swords is also where to attach his short cloak. The short cloak makes it possible to let him ride his horse, but he does not sit up straight if you push the klicky in the saddle. The cloak is somewhat to long. I find it a little annoying.

All and all a nice set.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 10:46:58 »
WOW WOW WOW!!! That knight is absolutely awesome!!! Apart from the sword holders that make him look like a clockwork... knight  :lol: But the rest of him... just wow!!! I can find many uses for his parts, and most certainly for his cape! always wanted a playmobil cape like that!!!

The hunter is very nice too! Very good detail on his shirt and lots on extra accessories!!!

Thank you for these excellent pics and review, Jan!!!!

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 11:02:21 »
that make him look like a clockwork... knight  :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: Think you wont be laughing when his knocking on your door! Tell him again he looks like clock! >:(

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 13:19:40 »
The knight is indeed good for customizing.I can see uses for the chainmail torso and his arms and armoured legs.I've ordered-and received-25 sets of the new horse armour at DS two weeks ago, and that's great looking on some of my armoured cavalry too.
Overall : I don't have any use for again a through and through "fantasy" knight, but I can sure use the parts!
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 13:52:37 »
Looks like they are drawing more inspiration from videogames, that knight could be from any fantasy game. Armor design looks nice, but the weapons are a bit much. I'd rather have weapons that look appropriate for a medieval setting.

Hunter is nice though, seems to come with plenty of innocent animals to shoot too. Oddly enough that set strikes me as more violent than the knight set.  ;)

Offline bootgypsy

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 14:49:26 »
thank you! i love :love: the animals...but I must take the gun away from the hunter before i have dead playmo deet! yikes!! so are these sets new, and haven't made it to the US yet? I have not seen these eggs.  ???
Cyndi ~ Alabama, USA

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 15:08:10 »
Think you wont be laughing when his knocking on your door! Tell him again he looks like clock!

Well, when he and his buddies (cause I plan on buying loads of him) see my pincer he'd feel more sorry than angry  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just love fantasy knights!!! They are awesome!!!