Author Topic: Wolf Knight Catapult Fun  (Read 6477 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Wolf Knight Catapult Fun
« on: February 02, 2012, 13:30:56 »
This is not exactly a review, but having in mind the following:

i really wonder how good this catapult that comes with the wolf knights is.. i have never seen any reviews of it .... ??? ??? does it have any throw /distance power with all these boulders on it  ??? ???

Hmmm, I wonder too. Maybe someone on the forum has some experience with it........my gues would be Wolfknight.
(Panos, might you read this do you by any change have some ics of the catapult of the Wolfknights? ;D)

How can I refuse such a request?  ;D ;D ;D

I talked the above over with my Wolf Knights and they said they’d be happy to help…so they assembled a catapult...

...gather the ammo pieces for the toss...

...and fired the first round…

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: Wolf Knight Catapult Fun
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 13:32:47 »
Ehhh… not much we can say here… just that the lower pieces of ammo in the wolf head design have a smaller range than the upper ones. The upper ones are off the table and onto the floor… The Wolf Knights suggested we demand the help of another faction for that project… they said the Red Dragons will be very helpful…
The Wolf Knight leader had a chat with one of the Elite Red Dragons, something about ‘’you owe us one’’  ??? 

And so he ordered his men to line up, telling them they will get some kind of reward after the project …

So now, in a distance of 90cm we were ready to fire…

First toss was a light one, and with no effect… the ammo pieces scattered pretty much after their original place in the wolf head design…

Second toss was a strong one with a small hit on the front ranks… and accomplished by the upper pieces of ammo ???

Third toss, medium strength one, had a similar impact …

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 13:34:08 »
Next phase, we moved the catapult to 100 cm and tried again…
A light toss had no effect so I did not bother with a pic, but second medium

And a third strong toss

Had both the same result, pretty much, a whole column was taken down in both cases. Maybe the strong toss was a little better.

‘’Are they serious? We are just standing here and they keep tossing at us?’’
‘’Yeah, I know! Our trade union must hear of this…’’

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 13:35:24 »
It was time to move the catapult at about 110 cm distance…

And give a first strong toss with no much effect..

The second light toss had no effect, just one Red Dragon down at the back…

..but the third medium toss worked a bit on the last line…

‘’Ok that’s it! I’m going back into the tub, the knights have some poker game going on that’s more fun than this… and I thought being at the last line would be safe…’’

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 13:37:24 »
It’s my idea that a 100cm strong toss is the best one… but wanted to check the theory again, and with a much more effective way…

I tried a medium toss first with all three catapults but I was not too satisfied with the result…

In the end, it was the triple strong toss from 100 cm that did the work…

So this is the result, more or less, 100 cm range will do for the effectiveness of this catapult. Considering the nature of the ammo, they disperse in a wide area, making them more effective to hit a big number of the opposing army. Then again, strength varies, someone can give the catapult a heavier toss, and disperse pattern may become far more wide, and the range can also increase, so it’s up to each one of us how exactly we want to use the catapult!

This was fun!!!  ;D Maybe not for the Red Dragons but it sure was for me and the Wolf Knights  :lol:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 13:59:10 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: This is a great review, Panos! So funny! I really loved this catapult, and now I'm sorry we sold the one we had. :( It's a great idea for kids, too, being a little puzzle to put back together each time.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 14:52:20 »
:lol: :lol: :lol: This is a great review, Panos! So funny! I really loved this catapult, and now I'm sorry we sold the one we had. :( It's a great idea for kids, too, being a little puzzle to put back together each time.

Thank you Bonnie! I am starting to consider the possibility of experimenting with more playmobil projectile maschines   :!:

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 15:18:46 »
An interesting and enlightening experiment, Panos, and an enjoyable read too.  Thank you.

I did a similar test with the Big Bertha cannon on another board some years ago.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 18:18:42 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This forum is getting better and better by the day.

One or two picture would have satisfied my curiosity...... but this is a complete story with a lot of pictures and knights complaining about their schedules!!  :D :D

Still wonder what the reward was the captain promised his men, maybe not be fed to the big white furry kitty cat!

Wonderfull...now I want more Wolfknights! Playmo ones for the catapult and "Forum Wolfknights" for amazing stories!  :D

:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 18:47:30 »
Still wonder what the reward was the captain promised his men, maybe not be fed to the big white furry kitty cat!

:P :P