Author Topic: The Tale of Princes Merineith  (Read 9488 times)

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
The Tale of Princes Merineith
« on: December 30, 2011, 23:48:11 »
Hello PF’s,
One of my favorite themes is the Egyptian one, as a matter of fact al BC themes are my favorites.
I wanted to make some kind of photo story which comprised the Egyptian theme, but not one with only soldiers and war. So I just shot some pics and eventually some kind of story developed into my head. The first pics, and the tale is posted now. The story is a little like a fairy tale combined with Egyptian names, mythology and customs in it, as far as I’m aware of. I don’t know exactly how the stories end or what will follow but I shall try to update the story once a while.
BTW the hymn that I used is part of the Hymns to king Senusret III. Furthermore I’m trying to find out how to make nice backgrounds for future stories instead of the plaster and wood on the walls of my attic.

The Tale of Princes Merineith

As the red dawn slowly rises from beneath the underworld, the riverboat Hapi reaches the shore of the big river Iteru. The pharaoh, on board the ship loaded with the Sarcophagus and all the treasures of his father, sits in silence. The pharaohs ‘thoughts are somewhere else. ‘Did I make the final residence big enough for my father are their enough treasures, are all the correct hieroglyphs to guide him through his journey carved well.’

While the pharaoh contemplates his worries the people on shore sing a hymn for his father the old-pharaoh:

How the Egyptians rejoice, for you have made their offerings flourish
How the farmers in the presence rejoice, for you have enlarged their shares
How the priests rejoice at your strong arm, for you have protected their traditions
How the nobles rejoice at your activity, for your power has grasped their prosperity
How the two riverbanks rejoice at your dread, for you have extended their domain
How your recruits at levy rejoice, for you have caused them to flourish
How the two lands rejoice at your might, for you have protected their walls

Between the royal Nubian carriers and the guards stood princes Merineith, she was trying to get a glimpse of her father the pharaoh to find out in what kind of mood he was. In her mind she had rehearsed a conversation with her father about the tragedy that happened the day before. ‘How would she tell him all this, he had told her explicitly she had to stay in the palace.’
But she hadn’t.

:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
Re: The Tale of Princes Merineith
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 23:49:34 »
The day before princes Merineith and her best friend Tuya (BFF we would say today) were both feeding the goats under the old palm tree. The girls chitchatted about things girls chitchat about under a palm tree with no adults around. Also under the palm tree stood Barit the towns camel for long travels to the oases, and on the dead tree Gabu the oldest raven of Egypt who knows everything and understands the tongue of man. If he could speak he told you about the girl’s secrets and come to think of it, all secrets spoken under that palm tree whatsoever.

After feeding the goats the princes and Tuya walked to the town square were Jozef the shepherd and Ameny the village head and father of Tuya are talking about the times when they both were soldiers in the army of the old pharaoh, fighting the invading Hittites. They see the girls approaching and great the daughter of the young pharaoh.

‘Hello dear Mirineith, always a pleasure to have you over,’ says Ameny. If you might wonder why there so informal to the princes, this is because she does not want that kind of formality and wants to be treated as an equal, something here grandfather had told her. Ameny knows this because he was close with the old pharaoh. ‘Stay for diner if you want,’ Ameny says. Merineith gladly accepts because at the palace it is all about the last journey of the old pharaoh.
Djer and Djet stop practicing sword fighting and look how the two girls are welcomed. ‘One day I will marry the prices and become the new pharaoh,’ Djet says to his twin brother Djer. ‘Then we don’t have to fight with sword anymore, but we will be charioteers on the battle field. Djer and Djet the Dynamic Duo is how we will be called. DDDD will become a special hieroglyph!’

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 23:50:25 »
At diner, were lentil soup is served, Ameny and Jozef keep blabbing about their heroic deeds. Djet tries to mingle in and tells the two retired soldiers about how at practice he always wins from Djer. Only Merineith hears him brag and giggles. Djet doesn’t notice this and turns his attention to the girls, realizing the men aren’t listening to him.

From behind the Great Sphinx Gabu sees how a pack of robbers slowly approaches the village. There all dressed in black and hungry for gold and jewelry. These robbers are notorious for being extremely barbaric, Panahasi their leader in particular. He is both brutal and wicked. Gabu shrieks and the villagers are alarmed.

To be continued.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 02:44:28 »
Another story left in suspense. You must continue on, it's a wonderful start

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 08:59:54 »
I'm jumping on my chair here!!! Please more more more!!!!

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 09:13:36 »
 :) :) :) :)

Thanks guys! With this kind of reactions I have to come up with more  :lol:

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 10:15:08 »
Quote the raven: We want more!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 13:56:56 »
WHat a cliffhanger!!! Can't wait to see more. ;D
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 14:14:50 »
 :) :) :) :) :) :)

There will be more, but it will be in 2012  :lol:

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 15:37:47 »
The suspense is killing me!  Can't wait for 2112!  :cracker: