Author Topic: Suggestions for the World's name.  (Read 12701 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Suggestions for the World's name.
« on: December 28, 2011, 02:53:45 »
I don't remember we ever discussed this matter. We all have our land, its name, rulers and history, but we keep referring to the world as the "kingdoms map".

So I think it would be great to have a name for our new WORLD.

I open this thread to receive suggestions and then we can discuss and choose the name together.

What do you all think? what should be our world's name?

:elf:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Suggestions for the World's name.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 03:13:56 »
Oh, what a great idea!!! It definitely needs a name!

I would suggest something connected to the word "playmobil." Like, Playmobia or the letters rearranged someway like Plombylia (though plombylia is already a city name I have used, not in connection with this project).
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 08:32:37 »
I'd see no harm in using Hans Beck's name in it either, although I wouldnt see how to dedicate a country name to the good man.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 11:03:52 »
I'd see no harm in using Hans Beck's name in it either, although I wouldnt see how to dedicate a country name to the good man.

It would be the name for the WORLD, not a country.  <*)

I also thought about Hans Beck.... something like Hansland, Beckland, Hansania....
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 11:07:41 »
I think it might be a good idea to put forward any suggestions  and then a vote for the name  ;D . BTW i dont think hans beck would be soundwise nice, we can always dedicate this world to him but the name  in my opinion always )  should  be something catchy i reckon that people can refer to for years ...

My suggestion would be  to use infront of that name the ' The World of ' ...

... and my nomination would be ....

The World of Nibiru

Nibiru, is the name ancient Babylonians gave to a heavenly body associated with their chief deity, Marduk. According to ancient Sumerian tablets, it also referred to a mysterious Planet X - at that time undiscovered.
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 13:05:36 »
How about hansbeckistan? :P Kidding!

I like the idea of it incorporating hans beck. Could do a rearranging of letters there, like, Beshnack, Bachsnek, Kneshboc, Kensbach.... lots of possibilities with those letters.
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 13:06:33 »
World of Hans
World of Beck
Land of the lost (cause we have all lost our mind)

Plearth  lol

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 13:07:25 »
 :lol: Plearth is funny!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 13:24:35 »
what about Playmo- planet ?  ;D ;D

i think my previous suggestion Nibiru sounds like a bad name for detergent or something so i think its best i withdraw that proposal -  god what was i thinking... sumerians etc i suppose ...  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 13:47:40 »
It just sounds a bit Star Wars to me. DOn't get me wrong, I do love Star Wars. Just not for this. Some of mine sound crazy, too... I was posting before I had coffee again. :-[ They certainly don't all need to be put in the final poll! Maybe only suggestions that have been seconded should go in the poll? In which case I second Hansania.