Author Topic: Review of 7484 Lighting Kit for the Grand Mansion  (Read 8611 times)

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
Review of 7484 Lighting Kit for the Grand Mansion
« on: June 19, 2011, 01:54:15 »
Ras,
I just built my first PM lighting kit (7484) for the 5302 mansion. It was a bit tricky but does work on the first floor so far. Below are photos of the box, a left view and right view of the wiring wall on the first floor, and its placement on the odd shaped baseplate, which is one piece for the entire floor. This is all I built today because we spent so much time painting the roof and window inserts.

I did click the light switch on the wall piece, and WOW!!!, all four lights work! Hoorah! Hubby is busy working on a logging mill for his trains, so I did this one by myself. Now that I have done one, putting the second floor kit in will be much easier.

Will post more photos when the first floor is up so we can see what the installed lights look like. Hope this helps, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 02:20:16 »
Pgal, maybe you could start your own topic about this, perhaps a report and review topic on the lighting kit. That way it won't be hidden within this topic if someone is searching for a review of lighting kits.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmogal

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 03:06:08 »
bb: Sounds like a good idea! Could you please start a new topic as I am not sure about how to move my last post to a new topic. Hopefully I will figure out this new topic process soon!
Cheers, Pgal  ::) ::) ::)
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 03:20:49 »
Sure, I'll move your post. The reason you aren't figuring that out is because you can't do it. ;) Only mods can split and move topics. But starting a new topic is very simple. I'll move your post, though and rename it to be a review of the lighting kit.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: Review of 7484 Lighting Kit for the Grand Mansion
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 06:21:16 »
Oh nice. I've never seen one of these outside their box... looking forward to the review!!

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 07:05:51 »
Great !

I am really looking forward to the rest of this. I am still wondering if I should get the set(s) to create lignting for my shops!
Looks promesing! Thanks Playmogal.

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 08:35:12 »
Great !

I am really looking forward to the rest of this. I am still wondering if I should get the set(s) to create lignting for my shops!
Looks promesing! Thanks Playmogal.

Bogro

You know the answer is "Yes".    ;D
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 08:36:45 »
Look forward to the continuation of the review, pgal.  And, again, Playmobil have got the eye for real life detail - it looks just like when you have the electricians in at home, wires all over the place and apparently no real hope of it all ever working! 
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 08:38:58 »
You know the answer is "Yes".    ;D

I was afraid of that  ;D
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline playmogal

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 12:00:34 »
Thanks, Guys! ;D

Progress report: Last night I ordered two more lighting kits from US DS....they really are cool so far! Put the fixtures on the light bulbs and the clips on the bottom of the ceiling baseplates. Next I will run the wires through the clips, and voila! the lighting will be complete on the ground floor. At least I know not to call the ground floor the first floor because it will confuse all of the Europeans here!

The second floor walls are complete now except for the lighting wall; hubby slept late and I did not want to wake him pulling it out of the closet in the bedroom. Yup, we do have mostly clothes in our closets...the PM take up much of the rest of the house though! But I have been thinking that it is time to give away half of our clothes to folks who need them rather then letting them take up space in the closet, where we could park a few PM sets if needed!!! ;D ;D

It was much easier building the the next floor once the bottom floor was built. This afternoon I'll finish the second lighting kit and move on the next floor, which uses the extension kit ordered with the 5302.

I see no reason why these lighting kits cannot be used in many other buildings. All you need is an interior wall, which could be a problem with many sets, but not with custom builds. The lamp shades are cute and offer several styles and colors to match your decor. Looks like hubby will not have to build a low voltage lighting set up for this house unless we decide to run it off of the house current with a wall switch, like he did for Petronas Towers and our Taj Mahal. Will build in the light kits first and see what the finished product looks like.

You will need 3AAA batteries for each lighting kit and two AAA's for the front door bell. Haven't gotten to the fireplace in the living room set, so do stock up on AAA's to be safe.

Have to go water the garden before it hits the 90'sF at 9AM. Later, Pgal :wave: