Author Topic: 9420 Sunny Villa  (Read 4968 times)

Offline Romemobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • Rome Sweet Rome !
9420 Sunny Villa
« on: June 08, 2018, 13:05:05 »
Hi Everyone,

This is my first review and first time linking from photobucket so I hope you will bear with me, I purchased the very basic parts of the villa from Playmobil Direct I thought it would look more Roman lol and was not disappointed the building once assembled is good size and there is quite a lot of space on both the lower and upper floors.

There are three building panels and four roof panels all of which slot together easily like the old style Steck pieces I liked this, also once the whole building was assembled its really sturdy even though the upper floor in mine has no support - In the boxed version there is a cupboard / wall that acts as a support.

It took me just fifteen minutes to assemble the villa - I am out of practice though lol

I like the set it was easy to assemble, its sturdy, it looks Roman and because I only purchased the basics I can decorate and furnish it myself but the boxed version comes with a lot of accessories everything from brushes to sun cream even a cat.

Well done Playmobil  !

Thanks John

http://s40.photobucket.com/user/Riderfun666/library/9420%20Sunny%20Villa

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
Re: 9420 Sunny Villa
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 21:20:50 »
Thanks for the review - did it work out a bit cheaper than buying the full set?

It really does look a bit Roman, which is something I would never have thought of! I love it when I see sets being used in ways I'd never have thought of

Offline Romemobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • Rome Sweet Rome !
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 22:18:55 »
Thanks Oliver yes it did work out a little cheaper it cost me about £38.00 on ebay its ranging from £52.00 up to £62.00

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 23:49:18 »
It's an interesting building. Price is a bit high for me for a building thst can't really be extended. Nice styling though. Thanks for the review

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 15:43:41 »
Thanks for the detailed photos :)

The first time I saw it I thought "ROMAN"! But, alas, system WHY.

I find it surprising you compare it to steck, honestly. Definitely proves we all have different opinions ;D

Offline Romemobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • Rome Sweet Rome !
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 16:14:41 »
Hi Tahra,

I grew up with Steck and it was simpler to use - for me, I like System X but its totally new to me - I have only just started back with Playmobil  and I will no doubt get used to system X infact that's one thing I'm finding so exciting because as a system it seems more versatile - one thing I have learnt is that when beginning using system x its best to use existing buildings so you don't mis-judge for example wall sizes by ordering directly from Playmobil lol

I'm glad you like the villa its forming part of my Provincial Roman Town Diorama - still a work in progress !

John   

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 16:27:37 »
I grew up with Steck and it was simpler to use - for me, I like System X but its totally new to me - I have only just started back with Playmobil  and I will no doubt get used to system X infact that's one thing I'm finding so exciting because as a system it seems more versatile - one thing I have learnt is that when beginning using system x its best to use existing buildings so you don't mis-judge for example wall sizes by ordering directly from Playmobil lol

But this is NOT System  - if it was, it would have been wonderful (and on the buy list).  This is System WHY, or no system at all... right? It can't be changed, expanded, completed (since the original is just a front)..

I'm glad you like the villa its forming part of my Provincial Roman Town Diorama - still a work in progress !

It does look gorgeous, but I do my best to avoid system WHY - I usually find the buildings tiny, and these can't be fixed :(  A reeal shame.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 21:03:15 »
I suspect they're moving away from System X since parental feedback is probably that it takes forever to put together, and I wonder how easy it is even for older children to put together themselves (well, at least the tedious stage of putting the red and yellow connectors in).

What I find odd is that I would have assumed that the cost of creating a new set was the design/mould making, so creating all of these buildings with very few re-usable parts and that are so inflexible seems strange to me.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2018, 21:11:24 »
I suspect they're moving away from System X since parental feedback is probably that it takes forever to put together,

Of course.. being forced to spend time with the kids.. THE HORROR.

And these days of disposable everything, they probably don't care the hunk of pastic sometimes can't really be disassembled easily for storage, right?

>:(

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2018, 23:52:13 »

Looking forward to this!  :munch: :roman:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman: