Author Topic: Garage Houses  (Read 2772 times)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
Garage Houses
« on: March 27, 2018, 13:05:43 »
I was experimenting with the 4318 garage.  This first house-with-garage I based on a real house I once knew, but it didn't come out very well.

Maybe it would have looked better if I had taken more time and trouble with the garden, but really I was a bit fed-up with this house by then.  The garage is quite deep, and combined with the shorter (two levels of system-X holes) walls, it was very difficult to get my clumsy hands into the kitchen/sitting room to furnish it.  I endlessly knocked things over, I had trouble putting anything on the walls, and I cursed short walls quite a lot.

Furnishing upstairs was fine, of course.

And I had fun with the adjoining stables.

The next house had the taller (three levels of system-X holes) walls, and looked much better with more shape (and landscaping care).

I put a utility room behind the garage, so the house did end up as deep as the first one.

But with the higher walls and more hand space, it was much easier to furnish.

What I really wanted to do, though, was to see if I could combine the garage with the 5574 villa.  And, yes I could, though the colours didn't match.

And because the garage is shorter in height than the villa's downstairs walls, the bedroom above it had to have its own staircase.

It seemed unlikely to me that the parents and their young daughter would have bedrooms accessible by separate staircases, so I moved in an au pair to inhabit the over-the-garage bedroom.

Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Garage Houses
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 13:20:47 »
Excellent customs, particularly the second two and especially modern house one; it could be a Playmobil extension set from DS.  And the au paire idea is very clever.

Maybe Playmobil should look to producing some DS extensions along your lines.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 13:22:38 »
It really amazes me all the great stuff you come up with with system X. Now I want a garage.

Lovely interiors too (another feat, imo)..

What's with the pup? Surgery?

edit: when I actually wrote (after gawking at the pics), I forgot to mention the floors.. AMAZING!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 17:49:36 by tahra »

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 18:33:10 »
Yes, the dog left in the house had surgery, so had to (disappointingly) rest indoors.  Its packmate is enjoying itself sniffing around the feed bins in the stable.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 02:56:36 »
Thought this was going to be about dance music  :giggle: but was not disappointed! Neat houses!  :clap:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 10:15:19 »
Raven is back, well and truly. Haven't we missed you?

Really great work with System X parts and very clever solution to the different floor levels in that last one. (Our house has an extension on one end (built by previous owners) which has an upstairs floor 25 cm higher than the floor level in the rest of the house, so there are two steps before the connecting door. Plan ahead!)

I never thought of building a garage into a PM house, though plenty of real houses have this (and asbestos in the floor and walls between the garage and main house too, if built a few years ago before asbestosis fell out of fashion!).

Dog collar cone: well spotted Tahra!

At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Customizer

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 13:50:24 »
Looks great !!!   :woohoo:

Greetings

Andi

Offline Daniela

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 10:39:28 »
Great ideas!  :clap: :clap: :clap:
Enjoy my Playmobil Opera and much more:
https://get.google.com/albumarchive/102361137865573914508

Offline Romemobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • Rome Sweet Rome !
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2018, 10:14:08 »
Those really look great very inspirational too for someone like me just finding my way around with system x thanks again