Author Topic: My collection of all things western for playmobil including Native aboriginals.  (Read 47846 times)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
Old sets are so evocative of a world that's gone forever.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
Playmobil 3622 arrived today, enjoy:

Again no sealing stickers so the contents are as shown:
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
Playmobil 3732 Arrived today, have a look:

Front artwork

Back artwork

Side artwork
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
Playmobil 3423 1984 version arrived today, have a look (yes it still has the plastic shrink wrap and has no damage:

Front artwork

Rear artwork (lol enjoy the foam)

Side artwork

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
Playmobil 3481 arrived today, have a look:

Front artwork

Rear artwork

Side artwork

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
Playmobil 3768 (1987 version) arrived today, yes still sealed with shrink wrap, have a look:

Front artwork

Side artwork

The rear of the box is just blue.

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
Playmobil 3787 arrived today, have a look, still has original sealing stickers intact:

Front artwork

Rear artwork

Side artwork

Hope you enjoy, until next time.

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
Do let me know if you all find this interesting? I know a lot of you are more into building them and the dioramas.

Sincerely,
James

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
Yes, I find it most interesting, keep them coming.

I guess I am an exception for not being into dioramas or building but I enjoy admiring and contemplating the designs. 3787 is definitely a favourite of mine. This watering hole fits in a proud sequence of boozy PM sets, now unfortunately (but understandably) extinct. Once you start thinking about it, Molly Brown too strikes me as most surprising in children's hands, but she too is not alone in the catalogue (think of the camp follower from 3891). ;D So quirky, how I love PM! :love:

By the way, is Molly's face unique, or is it encountered with any other figure? Any thoughts are welcome!

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
I too love your pics Mad. These are amazing toys that would never get made today.

3732 is just mind blowing. A buffalo dance! This is the sort of cultural set that PM should be doing. Just imagine: the Gnomes of Zirndorf reach out to modern tribes and negotiate a new series of Indian sets that accurately display cultural practices with tribe approval. They would fly off the shelves.

Quirky PM is the only company that would even consider this sort of thing. They ALREADY OWN a toystyle that no one even knows exists.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman: