Author Topic: 9443 + 9444 Figures 14  (Read 5899 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: 9443 + 9444 Figures 14
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2018, 20:41:55 »
I agree the pegleg is weird, but I really like the clear torso on the cyborg.

Maybe you should rename your The Process thread to The Never Ending Process, it sounds nice and seems true to reality too! :D

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2018, 20:55:05 »
Maybe you should rename your The Process thread to The Never Ending Process, it sounds nice and seems true to reality too! :D

:-[

But no... that could scare someone. Maybe. Or maybe it's done that already.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2018, 21:22:28 »

I know the chestpiece is from a gladiator, I just have no idea why he has it.. My question of being lefthanded is the bracer... supposed to be worn on the arm that holds the bow (according to Age Of Empires, so that the feathers of the arrow speeding by don't open the poor guy's wrist)..

Sports archers have a chest guard too which is on the same side as the bow is held. Why they have it I don't know. I've done a little archery in the past and never had a problem with anything hitting my chest but females might want one, though males wear them too so I guess they serve a purpose. The print on that piece is meant to represent a strong mesh fabric. At least they used straight arms so you can change it to a right handed archer, just ignore the chest guard being for a lefty.
I guess it doesn't fit a female klicky so does that mean they wont produce a female version or maybe they'll do one with a printed guard instead.
You mean the torso of the "naval guard"?  Don't know for who yet but it IS beautiful, and that is a serious possibility :)
;D Yes, weskit is a slang form of waistcoat which is what the brown torso is. Weskits could be sleeveless which is how we know them or long sleeved. The long sleeved ones could be worn as a light jacket.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2018, 21:27:56 »
Sports archers have a chest guard too which is on the same side as the bow is held. Why they have it I don't know. I've done a little archery in the past and never had a problem with anything hitting my chest but females might want one, though males wear them too so I guess they serve a purpose.

Uhm.. Have no idea why...

Yes, weskit is a slang form of waistcoat which is what the brown torso is. Weskits could be sleeveless which is how we know them or long sleeved. The long sleeved ones could be worn as a light jacket.

Ah, I didn't know the word! Thank you! :)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2018, 21:48:10 »
Sports archers have a chest guard too which is on the same side as the bow is held. Why they have it I don't know. I've done a little archery in the past and never had a problem with anything hitting my chest but females might want one, though males wear them too so I guess they serve a purpose.

To strengthen/span the muscles in the left chest-side/armpit area, so that the archer can hold his bow even more steady? Just a guess though.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2018, 23:50:51 »
:-[  I looked up your post to make sure I had it right. I hope I did.  :-[

Pretty close, the bayonet is supposed to be on the right side, not underneath, but having it at the end is the main thing. Makes me happy!  :love:

I like the naval soldier guy but I am going to take away his musket and have him be a Founding Father or something like that. His torso paint is indeed fantastic.  :inlove:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2018, 12:14:33 »
To strengthen/span the muscles in the left chest-side/armpit area, so that the archer can hold his bow even more steady? Just a guess though.

Ah, maybe...

Pretty close, the bayonet is supposed to be on the right side, not underneath, but having it at the end is the main thing. Makes me happy!  :love:

I like the naval soldier guy but I am going to take away his musket and have him be a Founding Father or something like that. His torso paint is indeed fantastic.  :inlove:

From what I undertood from that discussion, like this or to the side, yes, and I think it looks better like this  :-[

The torso is too pretty to be hidden under a jacket, imo..

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2018, 19:36:33 »
Saved this for the evening: this excellent review is a wonderful read. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Many thanks, Tahra!

I have nothing to add except that I agree that the Roman lady and the soldier are the highlights of each series, on my book closely followed by the bee lady and the sailor. I has been a most rewarding release, and I'm still hunting!

Just one question, please: what happens to those that are not "kept"?

Thanks again and best wishes
StJohn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2018, 20:31:55 »
Saved this for the evening: this excellent review is a wonderful read. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Many thanks, Tahra!

Thank you :)

Just one question, please: what happens to those that are not "kept"?

Either parts or mount 3...  Still didn't figure out the brown naval guard torso... or the head from the cyborg...

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2018, 21:13:42 »

Don't be fooled, there is no mount 3, it's a large child with an even larger rock. :o