Author Topic: "Cori the ship's mate"  (Read 2714 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: "Cori the ship's mate"
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 05:07:31 »
Thanks folks  :)

Did you paint the stockings white?

Yes and no... I don't use paint on skin-coloured parts (it comes off too easily, like on wigs) but  white fluid-corrector for typing-mistakes, the kind that comes in a small bottle  :lol:

http://www.prittworld.com/nor/products/correction/correction-fluids/correction-fluids.html

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 19:23:47 »
Thanks folks  :)

Yes and no... I don't use paint on skin-coloured parts (it comes off too easily, like on wigs) but  white fluid-corrector for typing-mistakes, the kind that comes in a small bottle  :lol:

http://www.prittworld.com/nor/products/correction/correction-fluids/correction-fluids.html

Very clever, Erwin.  They look good. :)9
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2012, 22:53:42 »
Excellent custom, Erwin, you've caught the character perfectly, although the hair colour is maybe not quite ginger enough, but Playmobil have never been good at making red hair realistically.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 00:13:55 »

actually Erwin, correction liquid comes off more easily no? anyway i hadn't noticed it was painted!
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 22:43:09 »
actually Erwin, correction liquid comes off more easily no? anyway i hadn't noticed it was painted!

yes, normally, but paint doesn't stick so well on klicky-parts like naked legs, hands, faces, hairpieces and such. On these (if I want them white and they're not) I use the correction fluid (which shouldn't not to fluidic though when applying, it must be a bit thick) and it dries up very fast. It sticks on well, but you can allways scrape if off with a knife or so, if you want the part back to original. And that works easier then removing paint.

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 22:59:44 »
although the hair colour is maybe not quite ginger enough

True, I used this hairpiece because it looks somewhat like the hair is moving by the wind and it is a haircut which can be used both for historical as modern figures, 2 things that are not the case with most hairpieces.
When he is wearing his hat, I switch Cori's hairpiece to one with a bit longer hair in a redbrown colour, like this pirate wears: