Author Topic: Hello from Scandinavia  (Read 6970 times)

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
Hello from Scandinavia
« on: November 11, 2005, 22:57:08 »
:wave: Hi!!  :D

I would like to spend a minute or two introducing myself.

I'm a Norwegian and my name is Kristian. Maybe some of you have noticed me on other boards.

My love for Playmobil started when I was a kid, almost every X-mas and birthday a blue box or two found its way to my room  ;D The jewel of my collection back then was the 3050 pirate ship I think. I was mostly into pirates, western, some rescue and police, construction, a little bit knight.... Playmobil was so great because I could create everyting I wanted, just a load of Playmo and some fantasy, boom: a huge battle, a small town in the wild west, a building (my comode) was on fire, the construction of a bridge...

However, when I turned 15 or 16, Playmobil was not so important in life anymore. It was put on the loft, and other things got priority.  ;)

But now I'm 23 and a year or two ago, I was surfing the web. Hey, I wonder if Playmobil has a site on the web, what is new since I was a kid? When I found answers to my questions, I was doomed...   :-[ I've been collecting like there was no tomorrow ever since  ::) Now I'm into the historical themes, mainly pirates. But also western, Indians, jungle, knights, and any set that can be combined with them.

I'm a student, attending lawschool. I don't live in the town that I study in, I only rent a small room there. And this is where I keep most of my Playmo, I have a hard time hiding it from friends that would think it is crazy to collect toys  :lol: However, since I'm a student, I'm missing the three important things to collect: time, money and space....  :(

Never the less, I'm really looking forward to get to know you all, see your work,  post some of my photos and promote the interest for the world's best toy: Playmobil  :yup:

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
Re: Hello from Scandinavia
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 23:02:51 »
 :wave:  Hi Kvart!  Welcome!!

Can't wait to see some of your pictures  ;D
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 23:46:02 »
Hi Kristian!

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. :)

Sorry to hear that you've had to temporarily curb your collecting habits. :( That sounds a bit depressing, but I suppose the rewards will come when you've finished studying. 8-)  How many years at Law School do you still have ahead of you?

Welcome to the forum! :)

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 00:00:37 »
How many years at Law School do you still have ahead of you?

I have completed one year. So there are 4 or 5, or even 6, to go; depending on what kind of grade the exams provide me.

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 02:13:49 »
Hi Kristian! Great to see you here! So you were nabbed by pirates as a child? I hear those Playmo pirates are dangerous that way!  :lol:

I hope you enjoy this forum and very much look forward to seeing your photos.  (I'll keep your number handy in case I'm ever in legal trouble in Norway! ;) )
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 09:59:24 »
Hi  Kristian  :wave:

Thank you for joining us, its great to see you here.  Also thank you for your support and for putting your faith in us, its very much appreciated  :)9

Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 17:05:57 »
Welcome Kristian,
I am glad that you have joined.
It is a hard thing when still in school, but when you start working at your chosen profession, then you will be able to enjoy yourself.

And I think you were captured by pirates, at one point  :D

welcome,
meg

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2005, 01:36:45 »
Hello Richard!!!  :wave:

Welcome from snowy Norway  :)

Hello, Kristian ...

Thank you for your nice welcome from Norway!

I have been to Denmark, but we ran out of time and did not get to see Norway. Someday we hope to go back and visit your beautiful country!

Thanks again and all the best,
Richard

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 09:19:05 »
Hallo Kristian.  Don't worry, once you're a lawyer you'll be able to afford lots of Playmo, although you still won't have the time to play with it.  That hopefully comes when you retire.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline hoppatussa

• Southern Belle @ heart
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2005, 16:55:58 »
Hi!   It does stink when you are are at that age where you are supposed to be an adult but not old enough to have kids (to blame your Playmo-collecting on).  I tend to get embarrassed myself.  Although the most important people to me know and don't think my collection is great.. so I attempt to not worry about others. 

Good luck with law school, that takes lots of dedication.