Author Topic: Hello from the Netherlands  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Ispirito

• Playmo Pal
Hello from the Netherlands
« on: January 28, 2019, 19:50:38 »
Good evenening, fellow Playmofriends.

I remember when I became 7 years old, I got the Pirate Ship 3750 from my parents. From that day, I started collecting Playmobil until my 25th.

All these years I was collecting the western theme, especially north & south army, and knights theme.

At the age of 25 I became father for the first time, and I had to give up my Playmobil room. I had to store my whole collection in my parents house and I couldn`t look at it for almost 10 years.
In 2018 my family and I moved to a larger house, where I became my own Playmobil room. Now, I`m glad to open up all the banana boxes with lots of Playmobil. I`m completely surprised by all the boxes and sets I collected through the years.

These days, I`m cleaning up my collection, and making difficult choices, killing my darlings, to make place for the things I really want to have.

Sometimes I find time to customize some klicky`s, expecially Union and Confederate soldiers. I hope I can show you some of my soldiers and armies soon.

Maarten

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
Re: Hello from the Netherlands
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 20:07:27 »
Welkom, Maarten! Leuk dat je er bijgekomen bent!

I’m looking forward to your Western collection! The “positive” thing about the Western theme, is that not many new sets are being released these days. But it’s nice to search for new klickies that are related to the theme!

Have fun here!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 20:37:35 »
Van harte welkom, meneer!

I hope you will enjoy it here. It is a nice bunch.

Best wishes from Munich
StJohn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 20:41:23 »
Welcome from Portugal :)

Looking forward to pics of your collection...

Western was my first favorite theme, when I was a cub :)

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 00:21:09 »
 :welcome:
"Give me that man that is not passion’s slave" - Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 01:18:43 »
Welcome from Oregon!

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 02:04:34 »
Welcome from Tennessee
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 02:13:15 »
Welcome to this club, looking forward to seeing your western customs as I always need fresh ideas to diversify our dioramas  :wave:

That’s really great you were able and smart enough to hang on to your collection through all those years
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 09:16:32 »
Welcome, Maarten!

Looking forward to hearing more about your collection, rediscovered after several years. Like you, I love rediscovering PM sets I had forgotten we have (mind you, sometimes it's only a few  weeks since I last looked at it. The joy of getting older! :-[)
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)