Author Topic: Bald head  (Read 6341 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Bald head
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 07:56:43 »
There is also a slight problem with a completely bald head.... no ears!

But I'd like a couple too.. or at least the monk hair in different colors.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 11:34:15 »
"shaving2 the hair won't work. You can't get the right shape.
The only choice is milliput, shapping, sanding and painting.  ;)

BTW I have painted hair pieces and the enamel does stay.  ;)
new-no-hat  hair might be more difficult because the plastic is shinier, but all hairs that can get hats on, are paintable.
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 11:39:38 »
thanks for all the info... i am thinking i may try trim up the hair a bit (and round down the "hat area" ) and paint the tops... for extra non-red headed and grey haired monks anyway... and i'll have to get some milliput for ... experimentation
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 21:30:08 »
thanks for all the info... i am thinking i may try trim up the hair a bit (and round down the "hat area" ) and paint the tops... for extra non-red headed and grey haired monks anyway... and i'll have to get some milliput for ... experimentation

So you want to create a Tonsure?  (the proper name for the way a monk traditionally will cut his hair).

Are the red and grey tonsure pieces still available from DS?

They would be perfect for the Crusader orders figures as they were monks.

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 22:31:46 »
While I do want a bunch of tonsures... im pretty sure DS wont have them... at least not USA DS... last i checked they only keep the previous 5 years set parts in stock... if they can... and the tonsures are all older than that... and dont have a part number that i am aware of.... I also want some straight up bald ones without bandanas...

What I have in mind now for the shaving is more of a norman cut... will show progress when progress is made :)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2011, 02:33:30 »
.... I also want some straight up bald ones without bandanas...

so many good and excellent advice from our PFs!
I too dont quite favour the slicing off of another head and fitting this smaller round piece over a klicky's head(so far the best solution) as I have seen on the spanish board because I still try not to use adhesives on my customs  :P

...instead of shaving the close-cropped 'roman' hairpiece...are you able to shave the bandana off the klicky suggested by Clong?  ;)

and Tahra, after a while, you'll be ok with earless bald klickies...takes less time getting comfortable with them than seeing those bald klickies with milliput ears dont you think so?  :P

(not so noticeable on my half-bald samurai(s)  :lol: )
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 03:00:10 by cheng »

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2011, 02:41:10 »
Chris (clong) was telling me the same thing last night... it might be better to shave down the bandana-head than to shave down a hair piece. at least part of it is already nicely smoothed and rounded.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2011, 03:00:10 »
unfortunately i only have a handful of bandana heads... and hundreds of the others... I really need to take a detailed census of my klickys... so shaving down the bandana head is not preferable... but curiosity may bring me to that if i cant get something else working. :)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2011, 03:08:11 »
Chris (clong) was telling me the same thing last night... it might be better to shave down the bandana-head than to shave down a hair piece. at least part of it is already nicely smoothed and rounded.

exactly BB!

and Baron, youre not making an army of baldies are you? ;D
but you might have to sacrisfice a few bandana(ed) head if you want to be guaranteed of a nicer finish  ;)

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2011, 03:29:54 »
Can you ever really just make one, or a few... of course there will be an "army" of them :)

probably around 20 or so various figures and themes... they couldn't all be the same bald guy, if i can get it to work out right, just need the hands on time now instead of the planning stage