Author Topic: Kaufmannszug Redux  (Read 4227 times)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
Re: Kaufmannszug Redux
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2018, 05:39:51 »
Wauw! Amazing klickies, Hadoque! You have an eye for great details! Imagine if they released a set like that today, unbelievable! Thank you for sharing.
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2018, 20:52:21 »
Wauw! Amazing klickies, Hadoque! You have an eye for great details! Imagine if they released a set like that today, unbelievable! Thank you for sharing.

Thanks!  :)

And good to know at least SOMEONE likes it (enough to leave a comment).
Btw, critical comments or ideas for improvements can be left too.
But if nobody really cares, I too will seriously consider not sharing my stuff here anymore. The forum is going steeply downhill since quite a while anyway.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2018, 21:12:31 »
Amazing work Hadoque!

Great posing (the boy holding his mother's - well, I assumed! - hand is a great one)

And those colorful guards are amazing - I wouldn't think that'd work if someone TOLD me, but seeing them? Gorgeous!

A shame there are still no proper "horse things" for these newer horsies... And you successfully mixed them.. I usually find the first generation horses SO far from the others.. but you made it work fine :)

I wish there would still be sets like these.... Of course, can you imagine the price? Still would be much better value than system why and blinky winkies. IMO.

But if nobody really cares, I too will seriously consider not sharing my stuff here anymore. The forum is going steeply downhill since quite a while anyway.

Apologies. I saw the topic on the tabby, but net is sketchy, and tiny screen not fit for pic threads - besides, I can't comment on it - I need a FULL keyboard, I'm afraid. And then... usual. Since I was there, though I DID mark it "unread", the board doesn't stay "unread". So..

But I can relate to that. I stopped a lot of mine for the same reason. :(  A shame. We try to keep this place alive, but there doesn't seem to be much interest. I am afraid one of these days we will only have THAT site. Where I can never find something twice.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2018, 21:28:22 »

I'm sorry Hadoque! Please forgive me! I will post more. Great work by the way  :)9
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2018, 03:08:55 »
I love these sorts of displays, but where is the whole thing together? It is afterall a homage to the original set so we should get to see a nice side on shot showing the whole procession.

The 1st gen horses with their harnesses look good. Would still like to see that old flat black hat back.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2018, 08:19:43 »
Thank you for showing, Hadoque. It is a very nice creation.

As you are putting in a lot of effort to get exposure, would you please consider posting the images at some image-hosting site and linking them here, rather than uploading locally as attachments? I mean, only when you do the former will your creation be seen by LOTS of people (that is, the unregistered visitors, who cannot see any attachments).

I think such is preferable because you work will be more widely appreciated, and PF will look cool to the outside, encouraging the public to join.

The forum is going steeply downhill since quite a while anyway.

I agree that PF is not as popular as it used to be, but am reassured that things are moving uphill again (about a year ago, thinks here were ominously quiet). But any support will do, so showing your things here to the world (and not the few insiders), would be a great idea!

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2018, 09:17:06 »
I love the idea of recreating the scene from an early set with modern parts, especially as Color sets which have been coloured in with felt pens often look like a child coloured them in with their eyes closed (even on that box picture!)
Lovely job, very creative!

It can be frustrating to get only a few responses when you have put a lot of effort into creating something and sharing it. But if we stop posting for that reason, the site will surely die. It's like faith, if you lose faith shouldn't you keep praying until it returns, not give up?

PS I agree with StJohn about the way attachment photos don't really do justice to your work. I would be happy to 'host' your images on my Photobucket account so they could be linked here. I promise not to claim them as my own or use them anywhere else! PM me if interested and I will let you have my email address (large images can be sent by email).
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2018, 12:25:54 »
Please forgive me!

Te absolvo, in nomine Patris, et Fillii et Spiritus Sancti. Amen.  ;D

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2018, 12:28:17 »
but where is the whole thing together?

3 pics of that in reply N° 7 on page 1

Would still like to see that old flat black hat back.

5 of the footmen are wearing it.

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2018, 12:43:34 »
would you please consider posting the images at some image-hosting site and linking them here, rather than uploading locally as attachments?

I have 0 experience with image-hosting sites.
I always prefered keeping my pics on my own computer and back-ups, instead of thrusting them to a 3rd party.
And I heard those hosting-sites sometimes disappear and then your pics are gone as well. Or suddenly they start asking money for it. But I´ll consider it, especially since resizing larger pics for uploading as attachments often makes them ridiculously small, like is the case with the 3 pics "of the whole thing" that Klickterix apparently missed.

I mean, only when you do the former will your creation be seen by LOTS of people (that is, the unregistered visitors, who cannot see any attachments).

Well, people can always register if they are interested.
And not everyone always has to see everything, some things are for the eyes only of registerd (verifyable) members.

Example:
Suppose I show here my entire Color-collection or my entire ship-collection.
If I show it as attachments - thus viewable for registered members only - and then someone manages to break in into my home and steals this collection, then I know I must shoot a PF-member, I´ll just have to figure out which one.
If I show it linked from elsewhere - thus viewable to the entire world - and then someone manages to break into my home etc., I´ll never have a clue who to shoot.
This may sound very paranoic, but I know some collectors whose house was broken into while they were on a Playmo-event and when they got back home their entire Playmo-collection was gone.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 12:57:38 by Hadoque »